- Medical School - UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1995-1999)
- Internship - Tulane University School of Medicine (1999-2000), Transitional Year
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2003-2004), Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
- Residency - UT Medical Branch at Galveston (2000-2003), Anesthesiology
Marco Aguirre, M.D.
- Anesthesiology And Pain Mgmt
- Pain Management
Marco Alejandro Aguirre, M.D., FASE, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He serves as Chief of Clinical Operations for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Anesthesiology at Clements University Hospital and as Co-Director for the UT Southwestern perioperative transesophageal echocardiography program. He specializes in cardiothoracic anesthesiology.
Dr. Aguirre earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He completed a residency in anesthesiology at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston and then received advanced training in cardiovascular and thoracic anesthesiology through a fellowship at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology and the National Board of Echocardiography, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2004.
Dr. Aguirre’s clinical interests include the perioperative management of patients with pulmonary hypertension and patients with adult congenital heart disease. His academic interests include advanced noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring, three-dimensional echocardiography, and web-based education in echocardiography.
He is a Fellow of the American Society of Echocardiography (FASE) and a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, and the Texas Society of Anesthesiologists.
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologist
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists
Embolization of left ventricular apical thrombus during cardiac surgery.
Taneja R, Aguirre MA, Shi C, Greilich PE Anesthesia and analgesia 2010 Jul 111 1 74-5
The use of transesophageal echocardiography in determining the structural and functional impact of traumatic intracardiac foreign bodies.
Aguirre MA, Trousdale D, John A, Greilich PE Anesthesia and analgesia 2008 Oct 107 4 1155-7
- Embolization of left ventricular apical thrombus during cardiac surgery.
- Pain Management