- Residency - Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center (2011-2014), Dermatology
- Internship - Washington Hospital Center (2010-2011), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - University of Texas Medical Brat San Antonio (2006-2010)
Melissa Mauskar, M.D.
- Dermatology - General
Melissa Mauskar, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Dermatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She is an inpatient dermatologist with an outpatient specialty in genital and vulvar mucosal dermatoses.
Dr. Mauskar earned her medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. She completed her residency in dermatology at Georgetown University Hospital/MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
Certified by the American Board of Dermatology, Dr. Mauskar began her professional career at Georgetown University Hospital before joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015.
Dr. Mauskar is secretary/treasurer of the Dallas-Fort Worth Dermatological Society and a member of the Texas Dermatology Society, the Society for Dermatology Hospitalists, the American Academy of Dermatology, the International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease, and the Society for Investigative Dermatology.
Her research interests include Steven-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis, lichen sclerosus, and lichen planus.
Dr. Mauskar regularly lectures at the local, state, and national levels. She is passionate about teaching the next generation of dermatologists, emphasizing the importance of evaluating the whole patient, not just their skin. She volunteers her time doing teledermatology and seeing patients for dermatology treatment at the Agape Clinic.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Mauskar enjoys traveling, running, reading, and culinary adventures with her husband, son, and their dog Logan.
- International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease (2015)
- Medical Dermatology Society (2015)
- Society of Dermatology Hospitalists (2013)
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology (2013)
- Society for Investigative Dermatology (2013)
- American Board of Dermatology (2014)
- American Academy of Dermatology (2014)
- Dermatology Teacher of the Year 2014-2015, Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha 2010, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- Medical Dean's Award 2010, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- Gold Humanism Honor Society 2010, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- Lichen Sclerosus
- Lichen Planus
- Inpatient Dermatology