- Other Post Graduate Training - Tulane University School of Public Health (1992-1996), Health Sector Management
- Medical School - Tulane University School of Medicine (1992-1996)
- Internship - University of Tennessee Health Science Center (1996-1997), Surgery
- Fellowship - Methodist University Hospital (1997-1998), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mri)
- Fellowship - Oregon Health and Science University (2002-2003), Body Imaging
- Residency - University of Tennessee/Methodist Healthcare-Memphis Hospitals (1998-2002), Diagnostic Radiology
Melissa Whitworth, M.D.
- Radiology - General
Dr. Whitworth holds a bachelor's degree in English literature from the University of Arizona in Tucson, where she graduated magna cum laude. She earned her medical degree at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, while simultaneously earning a master's of public health degree in health sector management at the university's School of Public Health. Prior to receiving radiology residency training at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, she completed a fellowship program in magnetic resonance imaging. She then received advanced training through a fellowship program in body imaging at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland.
Dr. Whitworth is board certified by the American Board of Radiology.
Before joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020, Dr. Whitworth spent 17 years in private practice.
She is an active member of the Radiological Society of North America, the American College of Radiology, the Texas Medical Association, and the Texas Radiological Society.