- Residency - UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1989-1992), Anesthesiology
- Internship - UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1988-1989), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1984-1988)
Pamela Fox, M.D.
- Anesthesiology and Pain Management
- Pain Management
Pamela Fox, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Fox earned her medical degree and completed a residency in anesthesiology at the UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School in Houston.
Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2010.
At Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dr. Fox is Director of Anesthesia Quality and Safety and a Deputy Medical Informatics Officer. She serves on the Clinical Competency Committee, is the Chairman of the Quality Improvement Committee, and is the liaison for EPIC integration for the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management. She is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Texas Society of Anesthesiologists, and the Trauma Anesthesiology Society.
Dr. Fox has delivered scores of regional and national presentations, published a number of academic articles, and been a co-investigator for various research projects.
Education & Training
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists (1992)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (1992)
- Trauma Anesthesiology (2015)
- ASA Committee on Performance and Outcomes Measurements (2015), ASA committee
- Epic Advanced Physician Builder (2016)
Books & Publications
National Emphysema Treatment Trial Research Group. Patients at High Risk of Death after Lung-Volume-Reduction Surgery
The New England Journal of Medicine 2001 345 1075-1083
Successful near-term pregnancy outcome after repair of a dissecting thoracic aortic aneurysm at 14 weeks gestation
The Canadian Journal of Anesthesiology 2005 10 52 pp 1071-1075
Improving the quality of the operating room to intensive care unit handover at an urban teaching hospital through a bundled intervention.
Moon TS, Gonzales MX, Woods AP, Fox PE Journal of clinical anesthesia 2016 Jun 31 5-12
- National Emphysema Treatment Trial Research Group. Patients at High Risk of Death after Lung-Volume-Reduction Surgery
- Pain Management