- Medical School - University of Karachi-Dow Medical College (1980-1987)
- Internship - UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1988-1989), Internal Medicine
- Residency - UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1989-1992), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (1992-1995), Rheumatology
Salahuddin Kazi, M.D.
Internal Medicine Vice Chair of Education
- Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
Dr. Kazi received his training in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology at UT Medical School at Houston. He is the Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Training Program at UT Southwestern. Dr. Kazi also works with patient registries and clinical information systems, such as the electronic health record, to improve clinical decision making, promote efficiency and support patient safety and quality of care. He also serves on the American College of Rheumatology Registries and Health Information Technology Committee.
Dr. Kazi was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018.
- American Medical Association (2017)
- American College of Rheumatology (1991)
- American College of Physicians (2010)
- Distinguished Service Award 2017, American College of Rheumatology
- Alpha Omega Alpha 1992, UT Medical School Houston
- Internal Medicine Housestaff Teaching Award 1998, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Top Doctors 2011, US News and Health Reports
- Texas Super Doctors 2011-2018, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas 2011-2018, D Magazine
Behcet's Disease; Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome; Henoch Schonlein Purpura; Lupus Erythematosus, NSAID Theraphy; and Vasculitis in Encyclopedia of Gastroenterology
(2003), Academic Press
Rheumatology Diagnosis and Therapeutics
Cush JJ, Kavanaugh AF, Olsen NJ, Stein MC, Kazi S, Saag KG (1999), Baltimore, Maryland, Williams and Wilkins
- Behcet's Disease; Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome; Henoch Schonlein Purpura; Lupus Erythematosus, NSAID Theraphy; and Vasculitis in Encyclopedia of Gastroenterology
Cardiovascular outcomes in male veterans with rheumatoid arthritis
Banerjee S, Compton AP, Hooker RS, Cipher DJ, Reimold A, Brilakis ES, Banerjee P, Kazi S American Journal of Cardiology 2008 Dec 101(8) 1201-5
Rheumatoid arthritis disease activity measures: American College of Rheumatology recommendations for use in clinical practice.
Anderson J, Caplan L, Yazdany J, Robbins ML, Neogi T, Michaud K, Saag KG, O'Dell JR, Kazi S Arthritis care & research 2012 May 64 5 640-7
Update in Rheumatology: Evidence Published in 2016.
Solow EB, Scielzo SA, Kazi S Annals of internal medicine 2017 Mar
Update in Rheumatology: Evidence Published in 2015.
Scielzo SA, Stone L, Kazi S Annals of internal medicine 2016 May 164 9 W61-4
Overview of the American College of Rheumatology's Electronic Health Record-Enabled Registry: The Rheumatology Informatics System for Effectiveness.
Francisco M, Johansson T, Kazi S Clinical and experimental rheumatology 2016 Sep-Oct 34 Suppl 101 5 102-104
The diffuse infiltrative lylmphocytosis syndrome
Kazi S, Cohen PR, Williams F, Schempp R, Reveille JD 1996 Apr 10(4) 385-91
Association between biologic therapies for chronic plaque psoriasis and cardiovascular events: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
Ryan C, Leonardi CL, Krueger JG, Kimball AB, Strober BE, Gordon KB, Langle RG, de Lemos JA, Daoud Y, Blandenship D, Kazi S, Kaplan DH, Friedewald VE, Menter A Journal of the American Medical Association 2011 Aug 24 306(8) 864-71
The association of race and ethnicity with disease expression in male US veterans with rheumatoid arthritis
Mikuls TR, Kazi S, Cipher D, Hooker R, Kerr GS, Richards JS, Cannon GW Journal of Rheumatology 2007 Jul 34(7) 1480-4
The Rheumatology Informatics System for Effectiveness (RISE): A National Informatics-Enabled Registry for Quality Improvement.
Yazdany J, Bansback N, Clowse M, Collier D, Law K, Liao KP, Michaud K, Morgan EM, Oates JC, Orozco C, Reimold A, Simard JF, Myslinski R, Kazi S Arthritis care & research 2016 Oct
- Cardiovascular outcomes in male veterans with rheumatoid arthritis
- Predictive Analytics in Clinical Decision Support
- Medical Education
- Improving Quality of Care through Disease Registries
- Improving Patient Access and Efficiency of Care