- Medical School - University of Kansas School of Medicine (2000-2004), Anesthesiology
- Internship - Medical University of South Carolina (2004-2005), Anesthesiology
- Residency - Medical University of South Carolina (2005-2006), Anesthesiology
- Residency - University of Nebraska College of Medicine (2006-2008), Anesthesiology
- Fellowship - Medical Center Hospital of Vermont (2008-2009), Pain Management
Shaina Drummond, M.D.
- Anesthesiology and Pain Management
- Pain Management
Shaina Drummond, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Drummond earned her medical degree at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. She split her residency in anesthesiology between the Medical University of South Carolina and the University of Nebraska. She received advanced training in pain medicine through a fellowship at the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology with subspecialty board certification in pain medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2012.
Dr. Drummond is the Medical Director for Anesthesia Services at the Parkland Ambulatory Surgery Center. She serves on the board of the Dallas County Medical Society and is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Texas Society of Anesthesiologists, the Texas Medical Association, and the Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia. In 2017, she received the UTSW Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management’s Chairman’s Recognition Award.
Dr. Drummond has delivered numerous presentations and published several academic articles. She has a particular interest in physician wellness and women in medicine.
- Pain Management