- Fellowship - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2006-2007), Pediatric Interventional Radiology
- Residency - University Hospitals of North Staffordshire, UK (2003-2005), Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship - Freeman Hospital, England (2000-2002), Interventional Radiology
- Fellowship - Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, India (1998-1999), Pediatric Radiology Research
- Residency - King Edward Memorial Hospital, India (1995-1997), Diagnostic Radiology
- Internship - King Edward Memorial Hospital, India (1994-1995), Radiology
- Medical School - Seth G. S. Medical College, India (1989-1994)
Sheena Pimpalwar, M.D.
Medical Director of Interventional Radiology, Children's Health
- Radiology - Pediatric
Originally from India, she earned her medical degree at Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College in Mumbai. She performed her radiology residency at King Edward Memorial Hospital. Dr. Pimpalwar’s advanced training included pediatric radiology research at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research; a fellowship program in interventional radiology at Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne, England; additional diagnostic radiology residency training at University Hospitals of North Staffordshire; and a fellowship program in pediatric interventional radiology at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
She is certified by the American Board of Radiology in diagnostic radiology.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018, Dr. Pimpalwar served as Associate Professor of Interventional Radiology at University Hospital of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri; and as Assistant Professor of Interventional Radiology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.
Dr. Pimpalwar’s research interests have led to 27 articles in peer-reviewed publications, as well as more than 70 conference abstracts, posters, and oral presentations. She has presented her findings at professional meetings throughout the U.S. and around the world.
She is an active member of the Society of
Interventional Radiology, the Society of Pediatric Radiology, the Society of Pediatric
Interventional Radiology, and the Royal College of Radiologists.
- Society of Pediatric Radiology
- Royal College of Radiologists (UK)
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Society of Pediatric Interventional Radiology
- Case Competition Second Prize 2014, Society of Interventional Radiology
- Medtronic AVE Award for Best Paper Presentation 2002, British Society of Interventional Radiology
- John Caffey Award for Best Case Report 2013, Society of Pediatric Radiology