- Medical School - Rutgers New Jersey Medical School (2004-2008)
- Residency - Rutgers New Jersey Medical School (2009-2013), Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship - Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (2013-2014), Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Internship - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (2008-2009), Internal Medicine
Uma Thakur, M.D.
- Radiology - Musculoskeletal
Uma Thakur, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Musculoskeletal Radiology Division.
Dr. Thakur received a bachelor's degree in neuroscience and behavior from Columbia College of Columbia University in New York, where she was on the dean's list all four years. She then earned her medical degree at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School in Newark, New Jersey, where she remained for radiology residency training. Dr. Thakur received advanced training in musculoskeletal radiology through a fellowship program at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020, Dr. Thakur served as musculoskeletal imaging division chief in private practice, where she set imaging protocols and maintained quality assurance, and served as head orthopedic radiologist for a professional football team for four seasons, including attending the NFL Scouting Combine.