- Residency - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (2009-2012), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - University of Kansas School of Medicine (2005-2009)
Anita Hegde, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
Dr. Hegde earned her medical degree at the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed a residency in internal medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. She also holds an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Hegde joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2012.
In addition to her other roles, Dr. Hegde is Director of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement in the Division of Hospital Medicine at Parkland Memorial Hospital, a position that aligns perfectly with her clinical and academic interests, which include serving underserved populations; improving health care disparities, access to care for the underserved, and transitions in care; and quality improvement.
She is a member of the Society of Hospital Medicine. In 2021, she was named Physician of the Year by Parkland Health & Hospital System.
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- Physician of the Year 2021, Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Best Doctors 2015, D Magazine
- Elmer Hinton Award, In Recognition of Outstanding Physician-Patient Relationship 2011, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society 2009, University of Kansas School of Medicine
Fabrication and biocompatibility of polypyrrole implants suitable for neural prosthetics.
George PM, Lyckman AW, LaVan DA, Hegde A, Leung Y, Avasare R, Testa C, Alexander PM, Langer R, Sur M Biomaterials 2005 Jun 26 17 3511-9
In vitro methylation of nuclear respiratory factor-2 binding sites suppresses the promoter activity of the human TOMM70 gene.
Blesa JR, Hegde AA, Hernández-Yago J Gene 2008 Dec 427 1-2 58-64
Spatial and temporal regulation of GH-IGF-related gene expression in growth plate cartilage.
Parker EA, Hegde A, Buckley M, Barnes KM, Baron J, Nilsson O The Journal of endocrinology 2007 Jul 194 1 31-40
Fibroblast growth factor expression in the postnatal growth plate.
Lazarus JE, Hegde A, Andrade AC, Nilsson O, Baron J Bone 2007 Mar 40 3 577-86
Catch-up growth after hypothyroidism is caused by delayed growth plate senescence.
Marino R, Hegde A, Barnes KM, Schrier L, Emons JA, Nilsson O, Baron J Endocrinology 2008 Apr 149 4 1820-8
- Fabrication and biocompatibility of polypyrrole implants suitable for neural prosthetics.
- Hospital Medicine