- Fellowship - University of Tennessee Health Science Center (2005-2008), Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Fellowship - University of Tennessee Health Science Center (2002-2003), Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Residency - University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (2000-2002), Pediatrics
- Internship - University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (1999-2000), Pediatrics
- Residency - Dow Medical College & Civil Hospital Karachi,Pakistan (1993-1995), Pediatrics
- Medical School - B.J. Medical College, India (1987-1993)
Dr. Dhar has been a faculty member in the Division of Pediatric Critical Care since 2008. She is actively involved in resident and fellow education and is the Fellowship Co-Director for the Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship Program at UT Southwestern.
Her research focus is fluid balance in critically ill children and the early initiation of CRRT.
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Timing of Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy and Mortality in Critically Ill Children.
Modem V, Thompson M, Gollhofer D, Dhar AV, Quigley R Critical care medicine 2013 Nov
Insulin resistance in critical illness.
Dhar A, Castillo L Current opinion in pediatrics 2011 Jun 23 3 269-74
Current recommended parenteral protein intakes do not support protein synthesis in critically ill septic, insulin-resistant adolescents with tight glucose control.
Verbruggen SC, Coss-Bu J, Wu M, Schierbeek H, Joosten KF, Dhar A, van Goudoever JB, Castillo L Critical care medicine 2011 Jul 2518-2525
Early fluid accumulation in children with shock and ICU mortality: a matched case-control study.
Bhaskar P, Dhar AV, Thompson M, Quigley R, Modem V Intensive care medicine 2015 Jun
- Timing of Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy and Mortality in Critically Ill Children.
- Fluid balance in critically ill children
- Early initiation of Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)