- Medical School - United Medical Dental Schools of Guy's & St Thomas' Hospitals (1992-1998)
- Research Fellowship - University of Michigan Hospitals (2005-2007), Gastroenterology
- Residency - University of Chicago (2007-2009), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - University of Chicago Medical Center (2009-2012), Gastroenterology
- Fellowship - University of Chicago (2012-2013), Transplant Hepatology
- Residency - King's College Hospital, United Kingdom (2000-2002), Internal Medicine
Arjmand Mufti, M.D.
Fellowship Program Director for Digestive and Liver Diseases
- Internal Medicine - Digestive & Liver Diseases
- Liver Transplant Medicine
- Liver Disease
Arjmand Mufti, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in transplant hepatology.
Dr. Mufti earned his medical degree with honors at United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospitals in London. He then trained in internal medicine at Kings College Hospital in London. After completing a research fellowship at the University of Michigan, he performed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Chicago, where he also received advanced training in gastroenterology and transplant hepatology through separate fellowships.
Board certified in internal medicine, gastroenterology, and hepatology, he joined UT Southwestern in 2013.
Dr. Mufti’s primary area of research is acute chronic liver failure. He is a section editor for Current Hepatology Reports; an ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Hepatology, The American Journal of Gastroenterology, and Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology; and on the editorial board of Clinical and Translational Gastroenterology.
He is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Society of Transplantation, the European Association for the Study of the Liver, the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, and the American Gastroenterological Association.
- American Society of Transplantation (2012), Member
- American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (2011), Member
- American Gastroenterology Association (2009), Member
- Best Outgoing Resident 2009, University of Chicago Medical Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society 2008, Member
Does a sustained virologic response at week 72 indicate a cure in chronic hepatitis C virus? in Controversies in Hepatology: The Experts Analyze Both Sides
Aronsohn A, Mufti AR, Reau N (2011)
Immunology and Haematology, 2nd Ed.
James Griffin, Saimah Arif, Arjmand Mufti (2003), London, UK, Elsevier Science Ltd.
- Does a sustained virologic response at week 72 indicate a cure in chronic hepatitis C virus? in Controversies in Hepatology: The Experts Analyze Both Sides
Liver disease in pregnancy.
Mufti AR, Reau N Clinics in liver disease 2012 May 16 2 247-69
XIAP: cell death regulation meets copper homeostasis.
Mufti AR, Burstein E, Duckett CS Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2007 Jul 463 2 168-74
XIAP Is a copper binding protein deregulated in Wilson's disease and other copper toxicosis disorders.
Mufti AR, Burstein E, Csomos RA, Graf PC, Wilkinson JC, Dick RD, Challa M, Son JK, Bratton SB, Su GL, Brewer GJ, Jakob U, Duckett CS Molecular cell 2006 Mar 21 6 775-85
Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Prevalence, Severity, and Outcomes in the United States: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Rich NE, Oji S, Mufti AR, Browning JD, Parikh ND, Odewole M, Mayo H, Singal AG Clinical gastroenterology and hepatology : the official clinical practice journal of the American Gastroenterological Association 2017 Sep
SIMULTANEOUS LIVER KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION IN LIVER TRANSPLANT CANDIDATES WITH RENAL DYSFUNCTION: IMPORTANCE OF CREATININE LEVELS, DIALYSIS, AND ORGAN QUALITY IN SURVIVAL.
Tanriover B, MacConmara MP, Parekh J, Arce C, Zhang S, Gao A, Mufti A, Levea SL, Sandikci B, Ayvaci MU, Ariyamuthu VK, Hwang C, Mohan S, Mete M, Vazquez MA, Marrero JA KI reports 2016 Nov 1 4 221-229
Novel Application of Extracorporeal Photopheresis as Treatment of Graft-versus-Host Disease Following Liver Transplantation.
Brown TJ, Gentry C, Hammer ST, Hwang CS, Vusirikala M, Patel PA, Matevosyan K, Tujios SR, Mufti AR, Collins RH ACG case reports journal 2017 4 e48
- Liver disease in pregnancy.
- Cirrhotic Cardiomyopathy
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis C
- Liver Transplant
- Liver Transplant Medicine
- Liver Disease
- Liver Transplant Evaluations
Showing 1 locations
- Kidney & Liver Disease Clinic - Hepatology (Liver) 7th Floor, Suite 700 214-645-1919
- University Hospital Kidney and Liver Transplant Clinic 7th Floor, Suite 700 214-645-1919