- Research Fellowship - Harvard Medical School (2015-2017), Internal Medicine
- Graduate School - Harvard School of Public Health (2012-2017)
- Residency - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (2012-2015), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - University of Michigan Medical School (2006-2012)
- Other Post Graduate Training - Harvard School of Public Health (2012-2017)
Arthur Hong, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
- Adult Primary Care
Arthur Hong, M.D., M.P.H., is an Assistant Professor in the Departments of Internal Medicine and Population and Data Sciences at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in adult primary care.
Dr. Hong earned his medical degree at the University of Michigan and completed a residency in internal medicine at the Mayo Clinic. He received advanced training through a research fellowship in general internal medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Hong also holds a Master of Public Health degree from Harvard with an emphasis on clinical effectiveness.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Hong joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017.
His research interests include understanding how patients and clinicians interact within the health care system – specifically including care delivery innovation, improving the value and quality of care, and evaluating health policy. He serves as an ad hoc reviewer for several scholarly journals.
Dr. Hong is a member of the Society of General Internal Medicine, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and AcademyHealth.
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Academy Health
- Selected Participant, Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Cancer (TIDIRC), National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 2019
- Texas Health Resources Clinical Scholar Award, Southwestern Health Resources, 2017
Characteristics of Emergency Department Visits and Select Predictors of Hospitalization for Adults With Newly Diagnosed Cancer in a Safety-Net Health System.
Hong AS, Sadeghi N, Harvey V, Lee SC, Halm EA, Journal of oncology practice 2019 Apr JOP1800614
Depressive symptoms among patients receiving varenicline and bupropion for smoking cessation.
Hong AS, Elrashidi MY, Schroeder DR, Ebbert JO Journal of substance abuse treatment 2015 May 52 78-81
Health policy update: making sense of accountable care organizations.
Hong AS, Dimick JB Archives of surgery (Chicago, Ill. : 1960) 2012 Apr 147 4 305-7
Small Decline In Low-Value Back Imaging Associated With The 'Choosing Wisely' Campaign, 2012-14.
Hong AS, Ross-Degnan D, Zhang F, Wharam JF Health affairs (Project Hope) 2017 Apr 36 4 671-679
- Characteristics of Emergency Department Visits and Select Predictors of Hospitalization for Adults With Newly Diagnosed Cancer in a Safety-Net Health System.
- Quality Measurement
- Health Policy
- Health Economics
- Clinical Value of Care
- Care Delivery Innovation and Evaluation
- Adult Primary Care
Showing 1 locations