- Medical School - Emory University School of Medicine (2008-2016)
- Internship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016-2017), Internal Medicine
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017-2020), Dermatology
- Other Post Graduate Training - Emory University (2008-2016)
Benjamin Nanes, M.D., Ph.D.
- Dermatology - General
- Skin Cancer
Benjamin Nanes, M.D., Ph.D., is an Assistant Instructor in the Department of Dermatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in general dermatology, skin cancer, and inherited skin disorders.
Dr. Nanes earned his medical degree and a doctorate in biochemistry, cell, and developmental biology at Emory University. He completed a residency in dermatology at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Dermatology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Nanes currently performs research in Dr. Gaudenz Danuser’s lab in the Lyda Hill Department of Bioinformatics, where he studies the molecular basis of skin architecture and epidermal remodeling during wound healing.
He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and the Society for Investigative Dermatology.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Society for Investigative Dermatology
- Molecular Basis of Skin Architecture
- Epidermal Remodeling During Wound Healing
- Skin Cancer
- Inherited Skin Disorders