- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine (2003-2007)
- Graduate School - Georgetown University School of Medicine (2002-2003), Physiology & Biophysics
- Residency - McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University (2007-2010), Internal Medicine
Blake Barker, M.D.
Associate Dean of Students
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Dr. Barker completed his Internal Medicine residency training at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois in 2010. He served there an additional year as a teaching hospitalist, supervising inpatient internal medicine teams of residents and medical students where he received a teaching award. He subsequently joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in the Department of Medicine in the fall of 2011.
He maintains a busy general internal medicine primary care practice and also frequently supervises inpatient teaching teams at both Parkland Memorial Hospital and Clements University Hospital throughout the year.
In addition to patient care, he quickly identified a passion for medical education and became Co-Director of the Internal Medicine Clerkship in 2014. He was honored to be selected as a Graduation Marshal by the UT Southwestern Medical School graduating class of 2016. He then transitioned to Associate Dean of Student affairs in 2017 where he is thrilled to be part of team that supports the development of the next generation of physicians.
Dr. Barker was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018.
- Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (2014), Member
- American College of Physicians (2011), Member
- Texas Medical Association (2011), Member
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2011), Member
- Dallas County Medical Society (2011), Member
- Dr. Gerald M. Grumet Teaching Award 2010, Northwestern Memorial Hospital Department of Internal Medicine Residency Intern Class
- Graduation Marshal 2016, UT Southwestern Medical School Class of 2016
- Alpha Omega Alpha 2015, Medical Honor Society
- DFW Best Doctors 2014-2016, D Magazine
- Cardiac Care Recognition 2013-2017, Bridges To Excellence
- Faculty Teaching Award 2011, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Department of Medicine
- Diabetes Care Recognition 2012-2017, Bridges To Excellence
- Medical Education
Showing 1 locations