- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine (2008-2012), Medicine
- Residency - University of Wisconsin (2012-2017), Urology
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017-2019), Minimally Invasive Endourology
Brett Johnson, M.D.
New Patient Appointment Accepting Virtual Visits or 214-645-8300
Brett Johnson, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Urology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He is fellowship trained and specializes in minimally invasive urologic surgery and kidney stone disease (Endourology). He is board certified by the American Board of Urology.
Dr. Johnson grew up in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and holds an undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin. He earned his medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine, completed a residency in Urology at the University of Wisconsin, and received advanced training in Endourology through a fellowship at UT Southwestern. He joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Johnson is a member of the American Urological Association, the Gold Humanism Honor Society, and the Endourological Society. His academic interests focus on improvement in the outcomes, quality of life, and the delivery of care related to urinary stone disease. He also has interests in the minimally invasive management of genitourinary disease and development of novel devices and surgical techniques. He has delivered scores of presentations, contributed to textbook chapters, and published numerous academic articles.
Clinically, Dr. Johnson has an active surgical and outpatient practice focusing on the management of kidney stone disease and minimally invasive benign and malignant kidney disease. He sees patients in Dallas and Fort Worth.
Education & Training
Professional Associations & Affiliations
- American Urological Association Member
- Endourological Society Member
- Journal Peer Reviewer, Journal of Urology
- Journal Peer Reviewer, Urology: The Gold Journal
- Journal Peer Reviewer, Journal of Endourology
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Diplomate of the American Board of Urology
Honors & Awards
- AUA Best Poster Award (2020), "Effect of Pre-emptive Intramuscular Ketorolac on 05/2020 Post-Stent Colic: A Randomized Control Trial"
- AUA StoneLab Scientific Symposium Travel Award Winner 2019
- Society of Endourology Essay Contest Winner 2017
- AUA Best Poster Award (2017), "Localized Kidney Cancer: Ablative Therapy"
Books & Publications
UPJ Obstruction in AUA University Core Curriculum
Consults and Emergencies: Priapism and Testicular Torsion in AUA University Core Curriculum
Johnson, BA (2019)
Academic Roles: Inventor in Navigating Organized Urology: A Practical Guide
Nakada, Patel (Eds.) (2019)
Effects of Thermal Ablation on Diagnostic Interpretation in Renal Mass Biopsy: Indications, Risks, Technical Aspects and Future Trends
Leveillee R, Umar S (Eds.) (2018)
Radical Prostatectomy in Robotic-Assisted Minimally Invasive Surgery: A Comprehensive Textbook.
Tsuda S, Kudsi Y (Eds.) (2017)
Special Considerations in Laparoscopy. in Complications of Urologic Surgery 5th edition.
Clansey N, Shah O, Taneja S (Eds.) (2017)
Clinical evaluation and treatment of disorders of ejaculation. in Management of Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women: An Interdisciplinary Approach.
Lipshultz L, Pastuszak A, Giraldi A, Golstein, A, Perelman M. (Eds.) (2016)
- UPJ Obstruction in AUA University Core Curriculum
- Johnson BA, Best SL, Nakada SY, Tracy C, Steinberg RL, Thomas L, Marien T, Miller N, Cohen A, Kolitz E, Pearle MS, Lotan Y, Antonelli JA. Initial results from the M-STONE group: A Multi-center collaboration to Study Treatment Outcomes in Nephrolithiasis Evaluation. J Endourol. 2020 Sept;34(9):919-23. PMID: 32660266
- Johnson BA, Kim S, Steinberg RL, de Leon AD, Pedrosa I, Cadeddu JA. Diagnostic performance of prospectively assigned clear cell Likelihood scores (ccLS) in small renal masses at multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging. Urol Oncol. 2019 Dec;37(12):941-946. PubMed PMID: 31540830; PubMed Central PMCID: 6934987
- Johnson BA, Sorokin I, Cadeddu JA. Ten-Year Outcomes of Renal Tumor Radio Frequency Ablation. J Urol. 2019 Feb;201(2):251-258. PubMed PMID: 30634350
- Johnson BA, Crivelli J, Sorokin I, Gahan J, Cadeddu JA. Surgical Outcomes of Three vs Four Arm Robotic Partial Nephrectomy: Is the Fourth Arm Necessary?. Urology. 2019 Jan;123:140-145. PubMed PMID: 30248351
Results: 1 Locations
Urology Clinicat West Campus Building 3 2001 Inwood Road, 4th Floor
Dallas, Texas 75390 214-645-8765 Directions to Urology Clinic Parking Info for Urology Clinic