- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2010-2013), Gastroenterology
- Residency - The University of Chicago (2007-2010), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Tulane University School of Medicine (2003-2007)
Christian Mayorga, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Digestive & Liver Diseases
- Cancer Screening
Dr. Mayorga grew up in New Orleans, where he went on to receive his medical school training at Tulane University School of Medicine (2003-2007). After medical school, he moved to Chicago where he completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at the University of Chicago Medical Center (2007-2010). From there he traveled back south to Dallas where he received his gastroenterology fellowship training in the Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases at UT Southwestern (2010-2013). During his gastroenterology fellowship, he served as Chief Fellow for two years.
Upon completing fellowship training, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2013. He currently serves as the Clinical Chief of Digestive and Liver Diseases as well as Senior Medical Director for Medicine Specialties at Parkland Health and Hospital System.
Dr. Mayorga is committed to general gastroenterology and hepatology, as well as housestaff education. In addition, he has a strong interest in using medical informatics to improve patient quality of care. In particular, he is interested in the use of telemedicine to improve access to specialty care in underserved patient populations.
- American Gastroenterological Association (2013), Member
- American College of Gastroenterology (2013), Member
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (2013), Member
- Chief Fellow 2011-2013, UT Southwestern Gastroenterology Fellowship Program
- Clinical Research Award 2013, UT Southwestern Gastroenterology Fellowship Program
Effect of Colonoscopy Outreach vs Fecal Immunochemical Test Outreach on Colorectal Cancer Screening Completion: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
Singal AG, Gupta S, Skinner CS, Ahn C, Santini NO, Agrawal D, Mayorga CA, Murphy C, Tiro JA, McCallister K, Sanders JM, Bishop WP, Loewen AC, Halm EA JAMA 2017 09 318 9 806-815
Clinical Utility of a Standardized Electronic Order Set for the Management of Acute Upper Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage in Patients With Cirrhosis.
Mayorga CA, Rockey DC Clinical gastroenterology and hepatology : the official clinical practice journal of the American Gastroenterological Association 2013 Apr
Outreach invitations for FIT and colonoscopy improve colorectal cancer screening rates: A randomized controlled trial in a safety-net health system.
Singal AG, Gupta S, Tiro JA, Skinner CS, McCallister K, Sanders JM, Bishop WP, Agrawal D, Mayorga CA, Ahn C, Loewen AC, Santini NO, Halm EA Cancer 2015 Nov
Development of the Parkland-UT Southwestern Colonoscopy Reporting System (CoRS) for evidence-based colon cancer surveillance recommendations.
Skinner CS, Gupta S, Halm EA, Wright S, McCallister K, Bishop W, Santini N, Mayorga C, Agrawal D, Moran B, Sanders JM, Singal AG Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association : JAMIA 2015 Aug
Yang JF, Peng L, Siddiqui AA, Mayorga CA Proceedings (Baylor University. Medical Center) 2016 Jul 29 3 327-8
Electronic Consultation Systems.
Tian C, Mayorga C, Agrawal D Health affairs (Project Hope) 2017 Jul 36 7 1348
Gastric Ischemia as a Rare Cause of Hematemesis.
Vance RB, Mayorga CA ACG case reports journal 2017 4 e4
Can Chronic Disease Management Programs Improve Outcomes in Patients With Cirrhosis?
Mayorga CA, Singal AG Gastroenterology 2013 Sep
- Effect of Colonoscopy Outreach vs Fecal Immunochemical Test Outreach on Colorectal Cancer Screening Completion: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Telemedicine: Electronic consultation
- Quality Improvement
- Medical Informatics
- General Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Cancer Screening