- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine (2002-2006)
- Residency - Emory University School of Medicine/Grady Memorial Hospital (2006-2009), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - Boston Children's Hospital (2009-2012), Pediatric Pulmonology
- American Medical Association (2009-2014)
- American College of Chest Physicians (2011)
- American Thoracic Society (2009)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine (2010-2014)
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialist 2020
- Travel Award 2011, American Thoracic Society's Fellows Track Symposium
The school inner-city asthma study: design, methods, and lessons learned.
Phipatanakul W, Bailey A, Hoffman EB, Sheehan WJ, Lane JP, Baxi S, Rao D, Permaul P, Gaffin JM, Rogers CA, Muilenberg ML, Gold DR The Journal of asthma : official journal of the Association for the Care of Asthma 2011 Dec 48 10 1007-14
Impact of environmental controls on childhood asthma.
Rao D, Phipatanakul W Current allergy and asthma reports 2011 Oct 11 5 414-20
The utility of forced expiratory flow between 25% and 75% of vital capacity in predicting childhood asthma morbidity and severity.
Rao DR, Gaffin JM, Baxi SN, Sheehan WJ, Hoffman EB, Phipatanakul W The Journal of asthma : official journal of the Association for the Care of Asthma 2012 Aug 49 6 586-92
Impact of cilia ultrastructural examination on the diagnosis of primary ciliary dyskinesia.
Simoneau T, Zandieh SO, Rao DR, Vo P, Palm KE, McCown M, Kopel LS, Dias A, Casey A, Perez-Atayde AR, Zhong Z, Graham D, Vargas SO Pediatric and developmental pathology : the official journal of the Society for Pediatric Pathology and the Paediatric Pathology Society 2013 Jul
Perceived neighborhood safety and asthma morbidity in the School Inner-City Asthma Study.
Kopel LS, Gaffin JM, Ozonoff A, Rao DR, Sheehan WJ, Friedlander JL, Permaul P, Baxi SN, Fu C, Subramanian SV, Gold DR, Phipatanakul W Pediatric pulmonology 2014 Jan
An Overview of Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide and Children with Asthma.
Rao DR, Phipatanaku W Expert review of clinical immunology 2016 Jan
ATS Core Curriculum 2016: Part III. Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine.
Boyer D, Thomson CC, Cohen R, Rao D, Dell S, Rayment J, Wang R, Dy FJ, Wambach J, Tam-Williams J, Simon D, Price E, Oermann CM, Singh A, Rettig JS, Duncan ED, Baker CD, Liptzin DR, Moore PE Annals of the American Thoracic Society 2016 Jun 13 6 955-66
Association between allergic sensitization and exhaled nitric oxide in children in the School Inner-City Asthma Study.
Rao DR, Sordillo JE, Kopel LS, Gaffin JM, Sheehan WJ, Hoffman E, Ozonoff A, Gold DR, Phipatanakul W Annals of allergy, asthma & immunology : official publication of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology 2015 Jan
- The school inner-city asthma study: design, methods, and lessons learned.