- Fellowship - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Institute (2019-2020), Surgical Oncology
- Fellowship - Oregon Health & Science University Hospital (2018-2019), Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Residency - Medical College of Wisconsin (2013-2018), General Surgery
- Medical School - Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar (2007-2013)
Fadwa Ali, M.D.
- Surgery - Surgical Oncology
- Colorectal Cancer
- Complex pelvic surgery
Fadwa Ali, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in colorectal surgery with a focus on colorectal cancer, robotic and minimally invasive colorectal surgery, and complex reoperative pelvic surgery.
Dr. Ali earned her medical degree at Weill Cornell Medicine – Qatar and completed a residency in general surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She gained advanced training in colon and rectal surgery and in colorectal surgical oncology through fellowships at Oregon Health & Science University and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, respectively.
Certified by the American Board of Surgery, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Ali has presented and published widely in her areas of clinical expertise. She serves as a reviewer for Annals of Gastroenterology, Colorectal Diseases, and Diseases of the Colon and Rectum.
She is a member of the American College of Surgeons (ACS), the American Medical Association, and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS).
Dr. Ali has received numerous honors, including Best Manuscript from the 2018 Best of Diseases of the Colon and Rectum Journal Symposium held at the ASCRS Annual Scientific Meeting and nomination in 2017 for the Jameson L. Chassin Award for Professionalism in General Surgery from the ACS.
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Best Manuscript 2018, Best of Diseases of Colon and Rectum (DC&R) Journal Symposium
- Nominee, Jameson L. Chassin Award for Professionalism in General Surgery 2017, American College of Surgeons
- Research Award 2017, Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals
- Highest Achiever Award for a Senior Resident 2016, American Board of Surgery In-Training Exam
- John Just Award for Excellence in Thoracic Surgery 2015, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Outstanding Medical Student Teacher Award 2015, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Biomedical Research Award 2013, Weill Cornell Medical College-Qatar
- President's Award 2013, Qatar Foundation
Robotic Right Colectomy with Complete Mesocolic Excision and Intracorporeal Anastomosis in Techniques in Minimally Invasive Surgery
Keshinro A, Ali F, Weiser MR (2021), Springer, Cham
- Robotic Right Colectomy with Complete Mesocolic Excision and Intracorporeal Anastomosis in Techniques in Minimally Invasive Surgery
Gallbladder Volvulus in a Patient with Type I Choledochal Cyst: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
Younan G, Schumm M, Ali F, Christians KK, Case reports in surgery 2016 2016 5626531
Evaluating handoffs in the context of a communication framework.
Hasan H, Ali F, Barker P, Treat R, Peschman J, Mohorek M, Redlich P, Webb T, Surgery 2017 03 161 3 861-868
Factors that Predict Failure to Meet MIPS Quality Measures for Asymptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy.
Dua A, Koprowski S, Ali F, Desai SS Annals of vascular surgery 2017 Dec
The Authors Reply.
Ali F, Ridolfi TJ, Diseases of the colon and rectum 2018 07 61 7 e351
Elevated Venous Thromboembolism Risk Following Colectomy for IBD Is Equal to Those for Colorectal Cancer for Ninety Days After Surgery.
Ali F, Al-Kindi SG, Blank JJ, Peterson CY, Ludwig KA, Ridolfi TJ, Diseases of the colon and rectum 2018 Mar 61 3 375-381
Evaluation and Management of Chronic Radiation Proctitis.
Ali F, Hu KY, Diseases of the colon and rectum 2020 03 63 3 285-287
Utilization of the National Inpatient Sample for abdominal aortic aneurysm research.
Dua A, Ali F, Traudt E, Desai SS Surgery 2017 Feb
The impact of intravenous acetaminophen on pain after abdominal surgery: a meta-analysis.
Blank JJ, Berger NG, Dux JP, Ali F, Ludwig KA, Peterson CY, The Journal of surgical research 2018 07 227 234-245
Tumor associated mesenchymal stem cells protects ovarian cancer cells from hyperthermia through CXCL12.
Lis R, Touboul C, Mirshahi P, Ali F, Mathew S, Nolan DJ, Maleki M, Abdalla SA, Raynaud CM, Querleu D, Al-Azwani E, Malek J, Mirshahi M, Rafii A, International journal of cancer 2011 Feb 128 3 715-25
Changing paradigms in organ preservation and resuscitation.
Ali F, Dua A, Cronin DC, Current opinion in organ transplantation 2015 Apr 20 2 152-8
Popliteal vein repair may not impact amputation rates in combined popliteal artery and vein injury.
Dua A, Desai SS, Ali F, Yang K, Lee C Vascular 2015 May
Advances in the treatment of locally advanced rectal cancer.
Ali F, Keshinro A, Weiser MR, Annals of gastroenterological surgery 2021 Jan 5 1 32-38
A rare anomaly in the donor vena cava.
Dua A, Ali FG, Cronin D, Hong J, American journal of transplantation : official journal of the American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons 2015 Apr 15 4 1118-20
- Gallbladder Volvulus in a Patient with Type I Choledochal Cyst: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
- Colorectal Cancer
- Complex pelvic surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Robotic and minimally invasive colorectal surgery