Search for opportunities to participate in a clinical research study.
Experienced surgeons at UT Southwestern Medical Center are skilled in the latest techniques in minimally invasive surgery to treat diseases of the colon (large intestine). We provide comprehensive care to prevent, detect, diagnose, and treat colorectal cancer and other conditions.
Advanced Colorectal Surgery
Colorectal surgery treats benign (noncancerous) and malignant (cancerous) conditions affecting the colon, rectum, and anus. These conditions include colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and many other disorders.
UT Southwestern is a recognized leader in the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Our skilled surgeons provide safe, effective medical care, traditional surgery, and minimally invasive procedures that help prevent, screen for, diagnose, and treat colon and rectal diseases.
Conditions We Treat with Colorectal Surgery
Our expert physicians treat the spectrum of colorectal illnesses, such as:
- Anal cancer
- Anal conditions such as fissures, fistula, and hemorrhoids
- Colorectal cancer and polyps (benign growths that can become cancerous)
- Diverticular disease, a common condition that causes small pouches (diverticula) to form in weak areas of the colon, which can become infected or inflamed
- Fecal incontinence
- Inflammatory bowel disease, which includes ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Rectal prolapse, a condition that occurs when part of the rectal lining protrudes outside the body
Options for Colorectal Surgery
At UT Southwestern, a team of specialists works together to create a comprehensive, personalized treatment program for each patient. Our physicians are trained in the latest surgical techniques, such as minimally invasive surgery, which can reduce pain, recovery time, and scarring.
Showing 2 locations