- Internship - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2011-2012)
- Residency - The University of Texas Medical Branch (2011-2016), Diagnostic Radiology
- Medical School - Washington University School of Medicine (2007-2011)
- Fellowship - Massachusetts General Hospital (2016-2018), Neuroradiology
Fang Yu, M.D.
- Radiology - Neuroradiology
Dr. Yu holds a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. He earned his medical degree at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, and completed his radiology residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He then received advanced training through a fellowship program in clinical and research neuroradiology at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Yu's research interests include the development and application of advanced magnetic resonance-based imaging techniques to evaluate neurological disorders, with a focus in demyelinating and neurodegenerative diseases. This has led to multiple peer-reviewed publications, abstracts, book chapters, and grants. Dr. Yu has been invited to present his work at conferences throughout the United States and internationally.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Yu serves on the Neuroradiology Magnetic Resonance Quality Control Committee, the Neuroradiology Fellowship Program Selection Committee, the Radiology Department’s Research Day Abstract Review Committee, and the Advanced Imaging Research Center’s Protocol Review Committee.
He is an active member of several professional societies, including the Radiological Society of North America, the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, the American Society of Neuroradiology, which he serves as a member of its Research Committee, and the American Society of Functional Neuroradiology, which he also serves as a member of its Research Committee.
An avowed "foodie," Dr. Yu also enjoys spending time with his daughters, travel, and basketball.
- American Society of Neuroradiology (2020)
- American Society of Functional Neuroradiology (2018)
- Radiological Society of North America (2011)
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (2017)
- American Society of Head & Neck Radiology (2020)
- Certificate of Merit for Educational Exhibit 2010, Radiological Society of North America
- Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award 2014, Radiological Society of North America
- Julio C. Palmaz Endowment for Excellence in Radiology Research Pilot Grant 2014, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Research Resident Grant 2015, Radiological Society of North America
- Chief Radiology Resident 2015, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Ralph Schlaeger Research Fellowship 2016, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Norman E. Leeds Award for Best Scientific Presentation 2017, Eastern Neuroradiological Society
- Texas Alzheimer's Research and Care Consortium Junior Investigator Grant 2020, UT Southwestern