- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2010-2014)
- Fellowship - Yale University School of Medicine (2017-2020), Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism & Nutrition
- Residency - Yale University School of Medicine (2014-2017), Internal Medicine
Felona Gunawan, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Dr. Gunawan earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School. She completed both her residency in internal medicine and fellowship in endocrinology at Yale-New Haven Hospital. She joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Gunawan’s clinical and research interests include Type 2 diabetes, Type 1 diabetes, and general endocrinology.
- American Diabetes Association
- Endocrine Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society 2014, UT Southwestern
ATYPICAL RECURRENCE OF PARATHYROID CARCINOMA FOLLOWING INFLIXIMAB THERAPY IN A PATIENT WITH ULCERATIVE COLITIS.
Gunawan F, Holt E, AACE clinical case reports 2020 May-Jun 6 3 e113-e116
Relative frequency of cardiology vs. endocrinology visits by type 2 diabetes patients with cardiovascular disease in the USA: implications for implementing evidence-based use of glucose-lowering medications.
Gunawan F, Nassif ME, Partridge C, Ahmad T, Kosiborod M, Inzucchi SE, Cardiovascular endocrinology & metabolism 2020 Jun 9 2 56-59
- ATYPICAL RECURRENCE OF PARATHYROID CARCINOMA FOLLOWING INFLIXIMAB THERAPY IN A PATIENT WITH ULCERATIVE COLITIS.
- Diabetes and Obesity