- Residency - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2008-2011), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013-2016), Pulmonary Medicine
- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2002-2008)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2008)
- Texas Medical Association (2013)
- American Thoracic Society (2013)
Probiotic-associated aspiration pneumonia due to Lactobacillus rhamnosus.
Doern CD, Nguyen ST, Afolabi F, Burnham CA Journal of clinical microbiology 2014 Aug 52 8 3124-6
Structured Documentation of Home Ventilator Settings in Children: A Quality Improvement Project.
Joyner MK, Afolabi FC, Payne TL, Hueckel RM Journal of pediatric health care : official publication of National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates & Practitioners 2016 Jun
- Probiotic-associated aspiration pneumonia due to Lactobacillus rhamnosus.
- Community based asthma education of general pediatricians
- Quality Improvement process in asthma and sleep medicine
- Emerging antibiotic resistance and changing patterns of antibiotic resistance
- Cystic Fibrosis host pathogen interactions
- Cystic Fibrosis hospitalization to home transitional care