- Undergraduate School - Trinity University (1970-1972), Psychology
- Graduate School - University of North Texas at Denton (1980-1984), Psychology
- Other Post Graduate Training - University of North Texas at Denton (1980-1984)
Harry Evans, Ph.D.
- Clinical Psychology
Harry Evans Jr., Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in clinical psychology, developmental psychoanalysis, and psychotherapy. He serves on the faculty of the Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program.
Dr. Evans earned his doctoral degree in clinical and health psychology at the University of North Texas and graduated from the Dallas Psychoanalytic Center.
Licensed by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists, he joined the UT Southwester faculty in 2004. In addition to his roles at UT Southwestern, Dr. Evans also serves at the Dallas Psychoanalytic Center as Chair of the Progression Committee and as a member of the Education and Curriculum Committees.
He is a former president of the Dallas Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology and a member of the American Psychoanalytic Association, the International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy, and the International Psychoanalytical Association.
Dr. Evans’ clinical and research interests include adult attachment, intersubjectivity, and mindfulness programs. He is a past recipient of the Dallas Psychological Association’s Psychologist of the Year Award.
Outside of work, Dr. Evans enjoys gardening, exploring Italy, and learning about the art and history of the Italian Renaissance.
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- Dallas Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology
- International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy
- International Psychoanalytical Association
- Psychologist of the Year 2016, Dallas Psychological Association
Relationship Between Current Depressive Symptoms and Telomere Length in a Large, Multiethnic Sample.
Wignall ND, Deschner M, Evans HM, Brown ES The Journal of clinical psychiatry 2017 Nov/Dec 78 9 1331-1336
Attachment theory as a model of doctor-patient interaction
Cassidy HF, Enander RA, Robinson RC, Evans HM, Frank B, Tucker C, Miltenberger PD, Pitts S, Stringer CA Journal of Applied Biobehavioral Research 2015 20 4 151-178
A HISTORY OF THE THEORY OF PRENATAL ATTACHMENT.
Brandon AR, Pitts S, Denton WH, Stringer CA, Evans HM Journal of prenatal & perinatal psychology & health : APPPAH 2009 23 4 201-222
Development of the Texas Spanish Naming Test: a test for Spanish speakers.
Marquez de la Plata C, Vicioso B, Hynan L, Evans HM, Diaz-Arrastia R, Lacritz L, Cullum CM The Clinical neuropsychologist 2008 Mar 22 2 288-304
- Relationship Between Current Depressive Symptoms and Telomere Length in a Large, Multiethnic Sample.
- Adult attachment
- Mindfulness programs
- Clinical Psychology