- Graduate School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2005-2008), Clinical Science
- Residency - UT Southwestern Medical Center (1997-2000), Dermatology
- Internship - Baylor College of Medicine (1996-1997), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine (1992-1996)
- Other Post Graduate Training - UT Southwestern Medical School (2005-2008)
Heidi Jacobe, M.D.
- James N. Gilliam, M.D. Chair in Dermatology
- Dermatology - General
Heidi Jacobe, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Dermatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She holds the James N. Gilliam, M.D., Chair in Dermatology.
Dr. Jacobe earned her medical degree with honors at Baylor College of Medicine and completed a residency in dermatology at UT Southwestern Medical School. She also earned a master’s degree in clinical science at UT Southwestern.
A Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, Dr. Jacobe joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2002 after serving on the faculty at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Dr. Jacobe’s main clinical and research interest is morphea, or localized scleroderma. She runs a comprehensive sclerosing skin disorders clinic, providing care for patients with morphea, scleroderma, and other sclerosing skin conditions. As Director of Phototherapy Services, Dr. Jacobe specializes in the use of ultraviolet light to treat eczema, psoriasis, and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Dr. Jacobe is a member of the Pediatric Dermatology Research Alliance, the Scleroderma Foundation Medical Advisory Committee, and the Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance. She has served on the Skin Cancer Foundation’s photobiology committee since 2007.
Dr. Jacobe has delivered scores of presentations, contributed to more than a dozen books, and published numerous academic articles.
Dr. Jacobe was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018 and 2020. She also has been named a Best Doctor in America and a Faculty of 1000 reviewer.
- Pediatric Dermatology Research Alliance (PeDRA) (2016)
- Dermatology Foundation (2013)
- American Academy of Dermatology (2010)
- Childhood Arthritis & Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA) (2010)
- Scleroderma Foundation (2009)
- National Psoriasis Foundation (2008)
- Rheumatologic Dermatology Society (2008-2017)
- Dermatology Teachers Exchange Group (2000)
- American Medical Association (2000)
- Dallas Dermatologic Society (2002)
- Society for Investigative Dermatology (2005)
- Photomedicine Society (2005)
- Skin Cancer Foundation (2007)
- D Magazine Best Doctor 2020
- Photomedicine Society 2015-2018, President
- Society for Investigative Dermatology 2017-2018, Executive Board
- Skin Cancer Foundation 2007-2017, Photobiology Committee
- Best Doctors in America 2012-2016
- Faculty of 1000 2012-2016, Reviewer
- Secretary-Treasurer 2008-2015, Photomedicine Society
- Who's Who in America 2010-2016
- North American Rheumatologic Disorders of the Skin Committee Member 2008, Medical Dermatology Society
- Phototherapy Task Force Member 2008, National Psoriasis Foundation
- Deans Scholar 2006, Clinical Scholars Program candidate for Master in Clinical Science with Distinction
- Teacher of the Year 2004, Voted on by the residents in Dermatology
- University of Texas Plan II Honors Program, Austin, TX 1992, Graduate with Special Honors
Morphea in Treatment of Skin Disease
Garza R, Jacobe H (2014), Elsevier
Morphea in Dermatology in General Medicine
Jacobe H, Saxton-Daniels S. (2012), New York, NY, McGraw-Hill
Morphea and lichen sclerosis in Fitzpatrick's Dermatology
Cyrus N, Jacobe H (2017), New York, NY, McGraw-Hill
Morphea in Treatment of Skin Disease
O'Brien J, Jacobe H. (2016), Elsevier
Photoimmunology in Clinical Immunodermatology
Hansen C, Leitenberger JJ, Jacobe HT, Cruz PD Jr (2009), Germany, Springer Verlag
Psoriasis in Netter Textbook of Internal Medicine
Jacobe HT, Parsons DJ, Rubenstein DS (2008), Elsevier, Ltd
Autoantibodies encountered in patients with autoimmune connective tissue disease in Dermatology
Jacobe H, Sontheimer R, Saxton-Daniels S. (2012), Elsevier, Ltd
Ultraviolet phototherapy and the management of atopic dermatitis in Atopic Dermatitis
Vandergriff T, Jacobe H (2009), New York, NY, Informa Healthcare
Antoantibodies encountered in patients with autoimmune connective tissue diseases in Dermatology
Jacobe H, Sontheimer RD (2003), Mosby
Netter Textbook of Internal Medicine in Psoriasis
Jacobe H (2001), New York, NY, Icon
Pediculosis and scabies in Netter Textbook of Internal Medicine
Jacobe H (2001), Icon
Alopecia in Netter Textbook of Internal Medicine
Jacobe H, Rubenstein DS (2001), Icon
Dermatopathology of Connective Tissue Diseases in Advances in Dermatology
Costner MI, Jacobe H (2000), St. Louis, MO, Harcourt
Localized scleroderma in Visual Guide to Scleroderma and Approach to Treatment
Bangert C, Kim A, Jacobe H (2014), New York, NY, Springer
Scleroderma and morphea in Atlas of Skin of Color
Baker LA, Jacobe HT. (2014), Berlin/Heidelberg, Germany, Springer-Verlag
Sunburn in Conn's Current Therapy
Jacobe H (2005), Philadelphia, PA, Elsevier
Autoantibodies encountered in patients with autoimmune connective tissue diseases in Dermatology
Jacobe H, Sontheimer RD (2008), Elsevier
Localized forms of scleroderma in adults in Scleroderma - From Pathogenesis to Comprehensive Management
Teske N, Jacobe H (2015), New York, NY, Springer
- Morphea in Treatment of Skin Disease
Skin mapping for the classification of generalized morphea.
Teske N, Welser J, Jacobe H Journal of American Academy of Dermatology 2017
Attitudes and trends in the treatment of morphea: a national survey.
Strickland N, Patel G, Strickland A, Jacobe H Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2015 Apr 72 4 727-8
Major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I and II alleles which confer susceptibility or protection in the Morphea in Adults and Children (MAC) cohort.
Jacobe H, Ahn C, Arnett F, Reveille JD Arthritis & rheumatology (Hoboken, N.J.) 2014 Sep
Transcriptional and cytokine profiles identify CXCL9 as a biomarker of disease activity in morphea.
O'Brien JC, Rainwater YB, Malviya N, Cyrus N, Auer-Hackenberg L, Hynan LS, Hosler GA, Jacobe HT The Journal of investigative dermatology 2017 Apr
Myeloid-derived Suppressor Cells in Psoriasis Are an Expanded Population Exhibiting Diverse T cell-Suppressor Mechanisms.
Cao LY, Chung JS, Teshima T, Feigenbaum L, Cruz PD, Jacobe HT, Chong BF, Ariizumi K The Journal of investigative dermatology 2016 May
Dopamine efflux in response to ultraviolet radiation in addicted sunbed users.
Aubert PM, Seibyl JP, Price JL, Harris TS, Filbey FM, Jacobe H, Devous MD, Adinoff B Psychiatry research 2016 Apr 251 7-14
The role of skin trauma in the distribution of morphea lesions: A cross-sectional survey of the Morphea in Adults and Children cohort IV.
Grabell D, Hsieh C, Andrew R, Martires K, Kim A, Vasquez R, Jacobe H Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2014 May
Health-Related Quality of Life in Morphea.
Klimas NK, Shedd AD, Bernstein IH, Jacobe H The British journal of dermatology 2014 Dec
The significant health threat from tanning bed use as a self-treatment for psoriasis.
Felton S, Adinoff B, Jeon-Slaughter H, Jacobe H Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2016 May 74 5 1015-7
Correspondence: The association between morphea profunda and monoclonal gammopathy: A case series.
Endo J, Strickland N, Grewal S, Vandergriff T, Keenan T, Longley BJ, Jacobe H Dermatology online journal 2016 22 3
Histopathological changes in morphea and their clinical correlates: Results from the Morphea in Adults and Children Cohort V.
Walker D, Susa JS, Currimbhoy S, Jacobe H Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2017 Mar
Phototherapy for sclerosing skin conditions.
Teske NM, Jacobe HT Clinics in dermatology 2016 Sep-Oct 34 5 614-22
Jacobe H, Ahn C, Arnett FC, Reveille JD Arthritis & rheumatology (Hoboken, N.J.) 2015 Mar 67 3 751
Recurrence of morphea after successful ultraviolet A1 phototherapy: A cohort study.
Vasquez R, Jabbar A, Khan F, Buethe D, Ahn C, Jacobe H Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2014 Mar 70 3 481-8
Clinical features of patients with morphea and the pansclerotic subtype: a cross-sectional study from the morphea in adults and children cohort.
Kim A, Marinkovich N, Vasquez R, Jacobe HT The Journal of rheumatology 2014 Jan 41 1 106-12
Correlates of self-reported quality of life in adults and children with morphea.
Das S, Bernstein I, Jacobe H Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2014 Feb
Morphea in adults and children cohort VI: A cross-sectional comparison of outcomes between adults with pediatric-onset and adult-onset morphea.
Condie D, Grabell D, Jacobe H Arthritis & rheumatology (Hoboken, N.J.) 2014 Aug
- Skin mapping for the classification of generalized morphea.
- UVAI Phototherapy
- Morphea/localized Scleroderma