- Medical School - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (1996-2000)
- Residency - University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey (2002-2006), Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2006-2007), Pediatric Radiology
- Internship - University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey (2000-2001), Internal Medicine
Jeannie Kwon, M.D.
Chief Radiology Officer, Children's Health
- Radiology - Pediatric
Jeannie Kwon, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern and a member of the Pediatric Radiology Division. She also serves as Associate Director of the Radiology Residency Program and Course Director of the Quality Radiology Resident Track, and is the former Director of Operations for the Division of General Pediatric Radiology at Children’s Health.
Dr. Kwon holds a bachelor’s degree in biology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She earned her medical degree from University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (UMDNJ RWJMS), and continued at RWJMS to complete her residency training in diagnostic radiology. She then received advanced training in pediatric radiology through a fellowship program at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Kwon is an attending physician in the Children’s Health System, and also provides care in the neonatal intensive care units (NICU) at Parkland Health and Hospital System and at Clements University Hospital. In addition to her clinical duties, she trains residents and fellows in clinical pediatric radiology at Children’s Health. She is committed to improving the quality of training programs and providing seamless patient care, and is also involved in the development of hospital and campus-wide quality improvement initiatives and imaging informatics. Dr. Kwon is board certified in clinical informatics through the American Board of Preventive Medicine, and holds subspecialty certification in pediatric radiology through the American Board of Radiology.
Dr. Kwon has worked collaboratively on scholarly projects with clinicians at Children’s Health, and her research currently focuses on the efficient and effective use of diagnostic imaging for the evaluation of children with abdominal pain.
Dr. Kwon serves on numerous committees within and outside of UT Southwestern. In the Radiology Department, she chairs the Radiology Residency Quality Education Committee. She has served on several clinical pathway development teams within the Children’s Health System. As a member of the Radiological Society of North America, she serves on the Quality Storyboard Abstract Submission Review Committee, and as a member of the Society for Pediatric Radiology, she serves on the Informatics Committee and volunteers on the Child Abuse Imaging Committee. She is also an active member of the Texas Radiological Society, American College of Radiology, Association of University Radiologists, Association of Program Directors in Radiology, and the Alliance of Clinician-Educators in Radiology.
Dr. Kwon also serves as a reviewer for the journals Pediatric Radiology and Current Problems in Diagnostic Radiology.
As a mother of three, Dr. Kwon enjoys cheering at youth athletic events, date nights with her husband, and discovering and applying principles for greater organizational effectiveness.
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society for Pediatric Radiology
- Texas Radiological Society
- Alliance of Clinician Educators in Radiology
- American Association of Women Radiologists
- American College of Radiology
- Association of Program Directors in Radiology
- Association of University Radiologists
- First Place Team, Philips Vydareny Imaging Interpretation 2015, Association of University Radiologists
- Best Poster, Evidence Based Practice and Research Poster Fair 2014, Children's Medical Center
- Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments (LEAD) 2013, Program for Junior Faculty Physicians and Scientists