- Fellowship - Medical College of Wisconsin (2005-2008), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Other Post Graduate Training - The Medical College of Wisconsin (2006-2008)
- Internship - Driscoll Children's Hospital - GME (1998-1999), Pediatrics
- Medical School - University of Benin College of Medicine (1983-1989)
- Chief Resident - Driscoll Children's Hospital - GME (2001-2002), Pediatrics
- Residency - Driscoll Children's Hospital - GME (1999-2001), Pediatrics
Jo-Ann Nesiama, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine
Jo-Ann O. Nesiama, M.D., M.S., F.A.A.P., is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine. She graduated from the School of Medicine, College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin, Nigeria, in 1989. She then completed a 1 year rotating internship and worked in various locations in Nigeria prior to immigrating to the United States. She completed her pediatric residency at Driscoll Children’s Hospital, Corpus Christi (1998-2001) and was chief resident from 2001-2002. She worked in the emergency department in Driscoll until she left for her fellowship at Children’s Hospital in Wisconsin (2005-2008). She also obtained her MS in epidemiology from the Medical College of Wisconsin during her fellowship (2006-2008). She returned to Driscoll where she practiced for one year prior to joining the Division of Emergency Medicine at Children’s Medical Center/ UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2009. She is a member of the Academic Pediatric Association, American Academy of Pediatrics, Texas pediatric Society. Dr. Nesiama is currently an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, and is currently the Associate Director of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship Program. Her research interests include prehospital assessment of pediatric trauma, pediatric c-spine injury, prehospital care of injured children, and outcomes of pediatric trauma.
- Pediatric Trauma Society (PTS) (2013)
- Texas Pediatric Society, Section of Emergency Medicine (SOEM) (2011)
- Academic Pediatric Association (APA) (2008)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) (1998)
- Corpus Christi Pediatric Society Resident Research, Best case presentation 1999
- Consumers Research Council of America, America's Top Pediatricians 2007-2008
- John G. and Elena Suess Kenedy Award, Best Resident 2002
Chest Trauma in Stone C, Humphries R, Drigalla D, Stephan M, eds. LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Nesiama JO, Huang CJ. (2015), McGraw-Hill; 242-250.
- Chest Trauma in Stone C, Humphries R, Drigalla D, Stephan M, eds. LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Does a prehospital Glasgow Coma Scale score predict pediatric outcomes?
Nesiama JA, Pirallo RG, Lerner EB, Hennes H Pediatric emergency care 2012 Oct 28 10 1027-32
An Infant's Sudden-Onset Rash and Swelling: Can You Identify the Cause?
Yuan YYE, Nesiama J-A, Huang C Consultant 2018 58 6
Nesiama JO, Sinn DP Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine 2010 Jun 11 2 108-111
Pediatric Cervical Spine Injuries: Evaluation and Management
Nesiama, JO, Hennes, HM Turkiye Klinikleri J Surg Med Sci 2007 3(50) 40-46
Pediatric maxillofacial fractures
Nesiama JO, Sinn DP Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine 2010 Jun 11 2 103-107
- Does a prehospital Glasgow Coma Scale score predict pediatric outcomes?
- Prehospital care of injured children
- Pediatric c-spine injury
- Pediatric head trauma
- Outcomes of pediatric trauma