- Fellowship - Alleghany General Hospital/Western Pennsylvania Hospital (2012-2013), Breast Imaging
- Fellowship - Alleghany General Hospital/Western Pennsylvania Hospital (2011-2012), Neuroradiology
- Residency - Alleghany General Hospital/Western Pennsylvania Hospital (2006-2010), Diagnostic Radiology
- Internship - Methodist Hospital Houston (2005-2006), Transitional Year
- Medical School - UT Health Science Center at Houston (2001-2005)
Dr. Hayes received her bachelor degree in nursing from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, and earned her medical degree at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston. She then completed her radiology residency at Alleghany General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where she remained to receive advanced training through a fellowship program in neuroradiology. She completed her formal training with a fellowship program in breast imaging at Christus St. Joseph Hospital in Houston.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2014, Dr. Hayes served as a registered nurse in the Emergency Department at Covenant Health System in Lubbock, and in the Emergency Department at Progressive Nurse Staffers in Houston. She also worked as a breast imager in general radiology for Texas Radiology Associates in Dallas.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Hayes serves on the committee that oversees the Breast Imaging Division content on the Radiology Department's intranet site, and on Parkland Hospital's Cancer Committee. She is also the physician in charge of the Yoga for Breast Cancer Survivors Group. Regionally, she is a member of the Coming Together for the Cure Committee, which coordinates community outreach and education for underserved patients.
Her commitment to medical education is exemplified by her membership on the Medical Students Interview Committee, and through her service as a Medical Student Ambassador.
Dr. Hayes is a member of multiple national and international professional organizations, including the Radiologic Society of North America, the American College of Radiology, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American Society of Neuroradiology, and the Society of Breast Imaging.