Search for opportunities to participate in a clinical research study.
New Patient Appointment or 214-645-8300
The experienced radiologists at UT Southwestern Medical Center use a wide variety of imaging technologies to diagnose, treat, and monitor breast conditions and provide visual guidance during procedures.
Our dynamic and innovative radiology service is committed to achieving the highest standards of patient care and staying on the leading edge of new developments and clinical applications in the ever-changing field of medical imaging.
Nationally Recognized Breast Care
Breast imaging can be a critical part of good breast health and therefore good overall health. Advanced imaging allows our specialized physicians to look inside the breast and surrounding area, often eliminating the need for exploratory surgery.
The Center for Breast Care at UT Southwestern encompasses a multitude of clinical programs devoted to serving the needs of healthy women, patients with benign (noncancerous) breast disorders, and those with breast cancer.
Breast Imaging Technologies
The Center for Breast Care has a national reputation for clinical excellence and offers a wide range of advanced breast imaging technologies. These include:
- Digital mammography
- High-resolution ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), useful in women at high risk for developing breast cancer and can be used in conjunction with digital mammography
- Minimally invasive needle biopsy using stereotactic, ultrasound, or MRI guidance
Breast Imaging: What to Expect
If a suspicious area is found on a screening or diagnostic examination, an image-guided minimally invasive breast biopsy can be performed by our breast imaging physicians and staff, often on the same day.
- For women without breast cancer symptoms: Digital mammographic breast cancer screening exams can be obtained without a physician referral. Results are mailed to patients in seven to 10 business days.
- For women with a physician referral: Diagnostic digital mammography and/or ultrasound are used to evaluate women with symptoms such as breast pain, a breast lump, or nipple discharge. Doctors discuss the results with patients and provide them in writing at the end of the appointment.
The Center for Breast Care contracts with groups to provide screening mammography services at convenient locations in the community, such as work sites, health fairs, and churches. Please call 214-645-2560 for more information.
As one of the nation’s top academic medical centers, UT Southwestern offers clinical trials aimed at improving radiologic imaging.
Clinical trials can give patients access to leading-edge imaging technologies that are not yet widely available. Eligible patients who choose to participate in one of UT Southwestern’s clinical trials might benefit from imaging technologies years before they are available to the public.
Related Conditions and Treatments
We’re one of the world’s top academic medical centers, with a unique legacy of innovation in patient care and scientific discovery.
Cancer; Prevention; Women's Health
3 ways patients benefit from 3D mammograms
November 13, 2019
Results: 2 Locations
Breast Care Serviceat UT Southwestern Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center at Moncrief Cancer Institute 400 W. Magnolia Avenue, 2nd Floor
Fort Worth, Texas 76104 817-288-9788 Directions to Breast Care Service Parking Info for Breast Care Service
Imagingat UT Southwestern Medical Center at RedBird 3450 W. Camp Wisdom Road
Dallas, Texas 75237 (214) 645-9729 Directions to Imaging Parking Info for Imaging