- Graduate School - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014-2018), Psychology
- Fellowship - Stanford University (2018-2019), Child & Adolescent Psychology
- Undergraduate School - University of Texas at Austin (2010-2014), Psychology
- Internship - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2016-2018), Clinical Psychology
Julia Cartwright, Ph.D.
Julia Cartwright, Ph.D., is a Licensed Psychologist with the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists. Dr. Cartwright received her undergraduate degree in psychology from The University of Texas at Austin. She completed her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Cartwright also completed her predoctoral internship at UT Southwestern, which included a rotation at Children's Health in the inpatient psychiatric unit. She then completed a postdoctoral fellowship in the Child and Adolescent Outpatient clinic at the Stanford University School of Medicine in Palo Alto, California.
She joined the faculty of UT Southwestern in 2019, as a licensed psychologist in the Department of Psychiatry in the Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities.
Dr. Cartwright's clinical services focus on the evaluation of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and the treatment of challenging behaviors and anxiety in children and adolescents with ASD or related disabilities. She often works with parents and families to support understanding and intervention at home.
TX License #38221; Expires 10/31/2021
To code or not to code: Some ethical conflicts in diagnosing children
Cartwright, J. E., Lasser, J. and Gottlieb, M. Practice Innovations 2017 4 2 195-206
- To code or not to code: Some ethical conflicts in diagnosing children