- Graduate School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2002-2005), Rehabilitation Counseling
- Undergraduate School - University of Texas at Austin (1998-2001)
- Internship - Southern Methodist University (2007-2008)
- Graduate School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2005-2008), Psychology
- Internship - UT Southwestern Medical School (2008-2009), Clinical Psychology
Kimberly Roaten, Ph.D.
- Texas Psychological Association
- Dallas Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology
- Dallas Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Association of Suicidology
- Outstanding Educator Award - UT Southwestern School of Health Professions 2014
- Carmen Miller Michael Award 2007
- Chief Resident - Clinical Psychology 2008
Practical Psychology in Medical Rehabilitation
Roaten, K.(Ed.) (2016), New York, NY, Springer
- Practical Psychology in Medical Rehabilitation
An inflammatory profile linked to increased suicide risk.
Keaton SA, Madaj ZB, Heilman P, Smart L, Grit J, Gibbons R, Postolache TT, Roaten K, Achtyes ED, Brundin L Journal of affective disorders 2019 Mar 247 57-65
Posttraumatic growth in a heterogeneous sample of traumatically injured patients 1 year postinjury.
Roden-Foreman K, Robinson R, Bennett M, Roaten K, Petrey L, Powers MB, Warren AM Journal of clinical psychology 2017 Nov
Suicide Risk Assessment and Management: Real-World Experience and Perceptions of Emergency Medicine Physicians.
Roy W, Roaten K, Downs D, Khan F, Pollio DE, North CS Archives of suicide research : official journal of the International Academy for Suicide Research 2016 Jun
Suicide prevention in medical settings: The case for universal screening.
Horowitz LM, Roaten K, Pao M, Bridge JA General hospital psychiatry 2018 Dec
Development and Implementation of a Universal Suicide Risk Screening Program in a Safety-Net Hospital System
Roaten, K., Johnson, C., Genzel, R., Khan, F., & North, C.S. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety 2018
Determining Suicide Risk in Trauma Patients Using a Universal Screening Program.
Imran JB, Richmond RE, Madni TD, Roaten K, Clark AT, Huang E, Mokdad AA, Taveras LR, Abdelfattah KR, Cripps MW, Eastman AL The journal of trauma and acute care surgery 2018 Mar
Reasons for Distress Among Burn Survivors at 6, 12 and 24 Months Post-Discharge: A Burn Injury Model System Investigation.
Wiechman SA, McMullen K, Carrougher GJ, Fauerbach JA, Ryan C, Herndon DN, Holavanahalli R, Gibran NS, Roaten K Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation 2017 Dec
Development and testing of procedures for violence screening and suicide risk stratification on a psychiatric emergency service.
Roaten K, Khan F, Brown K, North CS The American journal of emergency medicine 2015 Dec
- An inflammatory profile linked to increased suicide risk.