- Residency - Ankara Universitesi, Turkey (1992-1996), Radiology
- Medical School - Hacettepe Univ. Ankara, Turkey
- Fellowship - UCLA Medical Center (1997-1999), Pediatric Radiology
- Fellowship - UCLA Medical Center (2000-2001), Neuroradiology
- Graduate School - Texas Woman's University (2013-2015)
- Fellowship - McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University (1999-2000), Vascular & Interventional Radiology
Korgun Koral, M.D.
Director, Pediatric Neuroradiology
- Radiology - Pediatric
Korgun Koral, M.D., is a Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Pediatric Radiology Division who serves as Director of Pediatric Neuroradiology at Children's Health.
Originally from Turkey, Dr. Koral earned his medical degree at Hacettepe University in Ankara, and received his radiology residency training at Ankara University Medical School. He then obtained advanced training through fellowship programs in pediatric radiology at the University of California - Los Angeles (UCLA); in pediatric vascular and interventional radiology at Children's Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University School of Medicine in Chicago; and in diagnostic neuroradiology at UCLA.
Prior to rejoining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020, Dr. Koral served as Professor of Radiology at the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, and as Director of both Pediatric Neuroradiology and Pediatric MRI. He began his academic career in 2002 as Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern, advancing to Associate Professor in 2007 and Professor in 2014.
Dr. Koral is certified by the American Board of Radiology in pediatric radiology, neuroradiology, and diagnostic radiology.
His research interests have resulted in more than 65 original publications in peer-reviewed journals, and his scholarly activity includes contributions to more than 14 textbooks. He has presented his findings at professional conferences throughout the United States and around the world, and is a frequent lecturer at medical institutions and scientific assemblies.
Dr. Koral is active in several national and international organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the Society for Pediatric Radiology, the American Society of Pediatric Neuroradiology, the American Society of Neuroradiology, the European Society of Radiology, and the Turkish Medical Imaging and Interventional Radiology Society.
- Turkish Medical Imaging and Interventional Radiology Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Society of Pediatric Neuroradiology
- American Society of Neuroradiology