- Medical School - Gondor College of Medical Sciences (1990-1997)
- Internship - Harbor Hospital Center (2002-2003), Internal Medicine
- Residency - Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center (2006-2008), Internal Medicine
Libay Woldeyes, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Dr. Woldeyes is originally from Ethiopia and received his MD degree from Gondar College of Medical Sciences. He practiced as a general medicine practitioner for four years prior to moving to the United States in 2000. After completing internal medicine residency training at Georgetown University/Washington Hospital Center, he worked as a full-time academic hospitalist for more than six years at one of the largest teaching hospitals in the Washington, DC area (MedStar WHC). As Dr. Woldeyes decided to relocate to Dallas to be close to his aging parents, he was attracted to UT Southwestern and the Parkland Health & Hospital System Hospitalist Program by the opportunity it presents and the amazing team of hospitalists who daily deliver compassionate, integrated, patient-centered care for acutely ill patients at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Outside of work, Dr. Woldeyes enjoys spending time with his family, reading, following sports, playing ping pong table tennis.
- American College of Physicians (2006), Member
- Nurses Choice Award for Medical/Surgical Services 2010, MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Gold Medal Award 1997, Gondor Medical College, Ethiopia
- Peggy Behm Award for Academic Excellence 2003, MedStar Harbor Hospital Center
- International Medicine/Global Health
- Inpatient Medicine/Care of Acutely Ill Patients
- Healthcare Delivery in Resource-limited Environments