- Medical School - New York Medical College (2003-2008)
- Residency - New York University School of Medicine (2008-2015), General Surgery
- Fellowship - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2015-2016), Surgical Critical Care
- Fellowship - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2016-2017), Trauma/critical Care
Linda Dultz, M.D.
- Surgery - Burn/Trauma/Critical Care
- Burn Rehabilitation & Wound Management
Linda A. Dultz, M.D., M.P.H., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Her areas of clinical expertise are general surgery, wound management, trauma, and surgical critical care.
Dr. Dultz earned her medical degree at New York Medical College. She completed a general surgery residency at New York University School of Medicine, as well as fellowships in both surgical critical care and trauma and acute care surgery at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She also holds a master’s degree in health policy and management from New York Medical College.
Dr. Dultz is certified by the American Board of Surgery in both general surgery and surgical critical care.
She has published a number of academic articles and book chapters related to emergency general surgery, trauma, and critical care.
Dr. Dultz is a member of professional organizations that include the American College of Surgeons, the Society of Critical Care Medicine, and the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (2017), Member
- Association of Women Surgeons (2016), Member
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (2015), Member
- American College of Surgeons (2008), Associate Member
- American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, Maryland State Committee on Trauma 2016, Second Place
- American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, Region II Resident Paper Competition 2008, First Place
Dultz LA, Todd SR, Eachempati SR(Ed.) (2015), NewYork, Springer
Common Problems in Acute Care Surgery
Dultz LA, Sim V, Todd SR(Ed.) (2013), New York, Springer
- Acute Cholecystitis
Loop ileostomy versus total colectomy as surgical treatment for Clostridium difficile-associated disease: An Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma multicenter trial.
Ferrada P, Callcut R, Zielinski MD, Bruns B, Yeh DD, Zakrison TL, Meizoso JP, Sarani B, Catalano RD, Kim P, Plant V, Pasley A, Dultz LA, Choudhry AJ, Haut ER The journal of trauma and acute care surgery 2017 Jul 83 1 36-40
Effect of Surgeon and Hospital Volume on Emergency General Surgery Outcomes.
Mehta A, Efron DT, Canner JK, Dultz L, Xu T, Jones C, Haut ER, Higgins RS, Sakran JV Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2017 Aug
Acute cholecystitis in the sick patient.
Eachempati SR, Cocanour CS, Dultz LA, Phatak UR, Albarado R, Rob Todd S Current problems in surgery 2014 Nov 51 11 441-66
Helmet use is associated with safer bicycling behaviors and reduced hospital resource use following injury.
Webman R, Dultz LA, Simon RJ, Todd SR, Slaughter D, Jacko S, Bholat O, Wall S, Wilson C, Levine DA, Roe M, Pachter HL, Frangos SG The journal of trauma and acute care surgery 2013 Nov 75 5 877-81
Clinical and therapeutic implications of Sprouty2 feedback dysregulation in BRAF V600E-mutation-positive papillary thyroid cancer.
Dultz LA, Dhar S, Ogilvie JB, Heller KS, Bar-Sagi D, Patel KN Surgery 2013 Dec 154 6 1239-44; discussion 1244-5
Clinical utility of immunohistochemistry for the detection of the BRAF v600e mutation in papillary thyroid carcinoma.
Zagzag J, Pollack A, Dultz L, Dhar S, Ogilvie JB, Heller KS, Deng FM, Patel KN Surgery 2013 Aug
Vulnerable roadway users struck by motor vehicles at the center of the safest, large US city.
Dultz LA, Foltin G, Simon R, Wall SP, Levine DA, Bholat O, Slaughter-Larkem D, Jacko S, Marr M, Glass NE, Pachter HL, Frangos SG The journal of trauma and acute care surgery 2013 Apr 74 4 1138-45
Late solitary metastasis of renal cell carcinoma to the submandibular gland.
Serouya SM, Dultz LA, Concors SJ, Wang B, Patel KN Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery : official journal of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 2012 Oct 70 10 2356-9
Follicular variant of papillary thyroid cancer: encapsulated, nonencapsulated, and diffuse: distinct biologic and clinical entities.
Gupta S, Ajise O, Dultz L, Wang B, Nonaka D, Ogilvie J, Heller KS, Patel KN Archives of otolaryngology--head & neck surgery 2012 Mar 138 3 227-33
Alcohol use by pedestrians who are struck by motor vehicles: how drinking influences behaviors, medical management, and outcomes.
Dultz LA, Frangos S, Foltin G, Marr M, Simon R, Bholat O, Levine DA, Slaughter-Larkem D, Jacko S, Ayoung-Chee P, Pachter HL The Journal of trauma 2011 Nov 71 5 1252-7
In-house trauma attendings: a new financial benefit for hospitals.
Dultz LA, Pachter HL, Simon R The Journal of trauma 2010 May 68 5 1032-7
Ileocecal valve lipoma with refractory hemorrhage.
Dultz LA, Ullery BW, Sun HH, Huston TL, Eachempati SR, Barie PS, Shou J JSLS : Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 2009 Jan-Mar 13 1 80-3
- Loop ileostomy versus total colectomy as surgical treatment for Clostridium difficile-associated disease: An Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma multicenter trial.
- Quality Improvement
- Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency General Surgery
- Burn Rehabilitation & Wound Management