- Medical School - Baylor College of Medicine (2009-2013)
- Residency - University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix (2013-2016), Internal Medicine
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016-2018), Gastroenterology
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018-2019), Transplant Hepatology
Mark Pedersen, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Digestive & Liver Diseases
Mark Pedersen, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in liver disease and liver transplantation.
Dr. Pedersen earned his medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine and completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine. He then received advanced training in both gastroenterology and transplant hepatology through separate fellowships at UT Southwestern.
Board certified in internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Pedersen is a member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD), the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society of Transplantation. He has published several original and review articles and recently contributed to the new textbook The Critically Ill Cirrhotic Patient. His national awards include being named an Emerging Liver Scholar and a Fellow Ambassador by the AASLD.