- Residency - University of Miami School of Medicine (2007-2014), General Surgery
- Medical School - Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2002-2007)
- Fellowship - Lebonheur Children's Medical Center (2014-2015), Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Fellowship - Arkansas Children's Hospital (2016-2018), Pediatric Surgery
Mark L. Ryan, M.D., M.S.P.H., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery and the Assistant Director of Pediatric Trauma at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in pediatric trauma and critical care.
Dr. Ryan earned his medical degree at Yeshiva University’s Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He completed a residency in general surgery at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, where he also earned a Master of Science in Public Health. He then received advanced training in pediatric surgical critical care and pediatric surgery through separate fellowships at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital/The University of Tennessee Health Science Center and Arkansas Children’s Hospital/University of Arkansas for Medical Science, respectively.
Board certified in surgery, pediatric surgery, and surgical critical care, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018.
Dr. Ryan is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Pediatric Surgical Association. He has contributed to two books and written dozens of articles.
In 2012, he earned the Robert Zeppa Resident Research Award.
- American College of Surgeons
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Trauma Society
- International Pediatric Endosurgery Group
- The American Association for the Surgery of Trauma