- Medical School - George Washington University School of Medicine (1980-1984)
- Internship - Yale University School of Medicine (1984-1985), Surgery
- Residency - Yale University School of Medicine (1985-1989), Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation
- Fellowship - Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Science (1989-1990), Orthopedics/hip Surgery
Michael Huo, M.D.
- Orthopaedic Surgery - General Orthopaedics
Michael Huo, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in total hip and total knee replacement surgeries. In particular, he has extensive experience in revision surgeries for failed hip and knee replacements.
Dr. Huo earned his medical degree at George Washington University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in orthopaedics and rehabilitation at Yale School of Medicine and received advanced training in joint replacement surgery through a fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery (Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City).
Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2004.
Dr. Huo is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and serves on the scientific advisory board for the Center for Osteonecrosis Research. Additionally, he is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the Hip Society, and the International Hip Society. Prior to joining UT Southwestern, Dr. Huo served on the faculties at Georgetown University, Yale University, Johns Hopkins University, Baylor College of Medicine, and the University of Kansas.
Dr. Huo’s extensive research has resulted in more than 120 journal articles, nearly 20 book chapters, and numerous lectures and instructional courses, both in the United States and internationally.
In 2008, he earned the Pete Matsen Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- The Hip Society (2018)
- The International Hip Society (2018)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society 1984, Academic Achievement
- American Orthopaedic Association-Zimmer 1994, Resident Research
- Resident Teaching 2007, Excellence in Teaching
- Pete Matsen Award 2008, Excellence in Teaching
- Hip and Knee Replacements
- Cost Analysis of Hip and Knee Replacements
- Complications of Hip and Knee Replacements