- Fellowship - University of Colorado Denver (2011-2015), Pediatric Pulmonology
- Fellowship - University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine - National Jewish Health (2013-2014), Sleep Medicine
- Residency - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2008-2011), Pediatrics
- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical School (2004-2008)
Dr. Michelle Caraballo received her B.S. in Bioengineering from Rice University, and her M.D. from UT Southwestern. She completed residency training in Pediatrics at UT Southwestern before moving to Denver for fellowship training in both Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine at the University of Colorado. Originally from the Dallas area, she moved back home to join the faculty at UT Southwestern in the Department of Pediatrics in 2015.
Her primary interests include pediatric sleep-related breathing disorders, narcolepsy and asthma.
- American Thoracic Society (2011)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (2013)
- Texas Medical Association (2015)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2015)
- Ambulatory Provider of the Month 2015, Children's Health
Hay WW, Levin MJ, Deterding RR, Abzug MJ, eds. Current Diagnosis and Treatment - Pediatrics. 23rd ed.
Federico MJ, Baker CD, Deboer EM, Halbower AC, Kupfer O, Martiniano SL, Sagel SD, Stillwell P, Zemanick ET, Caraballo M, Hawkins S.(Ed.) (2016), McGraw-Hill Education; 500-549.
- Hay WW, Levin MJ, Deterding RR, Abzug MJ, eds. Current Diagnosis and Treatment - Pediatrics. 23rd ed.
Knowledge, Attitudes, and Risk for Sudden Unexpected Infant Death in Children of Adolescent Mothers: A Qualitative Study.
Caraballo M, Shimasaki S, Johnston K, Tung G, Albright K, Halbower AC The Journal of pediatrics 2016 Jul 174 78-83.e2
- Knowledge, Attitudes, and Risk for Sudden Unexpected Infant Death in Children of Adolescent Mothers: A Qualitative Study.
- Pediatric sleep-related breathing disorders
- Infant safe sleep