- Medical School - Heinrich-Heine University (2000-2007)
- Residency - University Hospital Dusseldorf, Germany (2007-2010), General Surgery
- Fellowship - University Hospital of Munich, Germany (2010-2012), Pediatric Surgery
- Fellowship - Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (2013-2014), Pediatric Surgery
- Fellowship - Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (2015-2016), Pediatric Urology
Dr. Brewer earned her medical degree at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf in Germany. She completed a residency in general surgery at the University Hospital of Düsseldorf, followed by a residency in pediatric surgery at the University Hospital of Munich. She received advanced training through fellowships in pediatric surgery and pediatric urology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
Certified by the German Board for Pediatric Surgery, the European Board of Paediatric Surgery, and the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, Dr. Brewer joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
A member of the Children’s Oncology Group and the European Board of Paediatric Surgery, she is particularly interested in community outreach and education as well as quality improvements in pediatric surgery.
Dr. Brewer has delivered several presentations and published a number of academic articles and book chapters.
- Fellow, European Board of Paediatric Surgery
- Member, Children’s Oncology Group
Ultrasound of the Adrenal Glands in Ultrasound in Pediatric Surgery
Kremer N and Squires J (2015), Springer
Malrotation and mid gut volvulus in In Succeeding in Paediatric Surgery Examinations
Kremer N, Dasgupta R (2014 ), Radcliffe Publications
- Ultrasound of the Adrenal Glands in Ultrasound in Pediatric Surgery
Nathalie Brewer, M.D.
Dr. Brewer talks about her approach to patient care.