- Fellowship - Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital (1990-1994), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Residency - Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital (1988-1990), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - UT Southwestern Medical School (1984-1988)
Perry Bickel, M.D.
- Daniel W. Foster, M.D., Distinguished Chair in Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Perry E. Bickel, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He serves as Chief of the Division of Endocrinology and holds the Daniel W. Foster, M.D., Distinguished Chair in Internal Medicine. He specializes in endocrinology.
Dr. Bickel earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed both his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at Massachusetts General Hospital. He also performed a research fellowship at Harvard Medical School and served as a visiting scientist at the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism, Dr. Bickel joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2012.
Among his other roles, Dr. Bickel is the Associate Program Director of UT Southwestern’s Endocrine and Metabolism Training Grant. His research lab investigates how cells store and use fat and the underlying mechanisms that could be targeted to develop safe and effective treatments for diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Bickel is a member of the American Diabetes Association, the Dallas County Medical Society, the Endocrine Society, and the Obesity Society.
He is a D Magazine Best Doctor.
- D Magazine Best Doctor 2020-2021