- Medical School - University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine (1996-2000)
- Fellowship - Brown University (2000-2006), Geriatric Medicine
- Research Fellowship - Brown University (2004-2006), Health Services Research
- Residency - Case Western Reserve/MetroHealth Medical Center (2001-2003), Internal Medicine
- Internship - Case Western Reserve/MetroHealth Medical Center (2000-2001), Internal Medicine
Ramona Rhodes, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Geriatric Medicine
- National Medical Association
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (FAAHPM) 2017
- American Geriatrics Society Fellow (AGSF) 2013, American Geriatrics Society
- LEAD (Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments) Program for Junior Faculty Physicians and Scientists 2013, Inaugural Cohort of Faculty Leadership Training Program
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Early Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar Participant 2012, Nominated by the UT Southwestern Office Faculty Diversity and Development
- James R. and Susan G. Carter Humanitarian Award 2003, MetroHealth Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine
- Haffenreffer Fellowship Excellence Award 2006, Rhode Island Hospital Graduate Medical Education Department
- New Investigator Award 2010, American Geriatrics Society
- Outstanding Committee Service Award 2013, American Geriatrics Society Ethics Committee
Barriers to End-of-Life Care for African Americans From the Providers' Perspective: Opportunity for Intervention Development.
Rhodes RL, Batchelor K, Lee SC, Halm EA The American journal of hospice & palliative care 2013 Oct
An Examination of End-of-Life Care in a Safety Net Hospital System: A Decade in Review.
Rhodes RL, Xuan L, Paulk ME, Stieglitz H, Halm EA Journal of health care for the poor and underserved 2013 24 4 1666-75
Decision-making and outcomes of feeding tube insertion: a five-state study.
Teno JM, Mitchell SL, Kuo SK, Gozalo PL, Rhodes RL, Lima JC, Mor V Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2011 May 59 5 881-6
Does feeding tube insertion and its timing improve survival?
Teno JM, Gozalo PL, Mitchell SL, Kuo S, Rhodes RL, Bynum JP, Mor V Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2012 Oct 60 10 1918-21
African American bereaved family members' perceptions of hospice quality: do hospices with high proportions of African Americans do better?
Rhodes RL, Xuan L, Halm EA Journal of palliative medicine 2012 Oct 15 10 1137-41
Comfort feeding only: a proposal to bring clarity to decision-making regarding difficulty with eating for persons with advanced dementia.
Palecek EJ, Teno JM, Casarett DJ, Hanson LC, Rhodes RL, Mitchell SL Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2010 Mar 58 3 580-4
Communication about Advance Directives and End-of-Life Care Options among Internal Medicine Residents
Rhodes RL, Tindall K, Xuan L, Halm EA American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine 2013
What’s Race Got to Do With It?
Rhodes R, Teno JM Journal of Clinical Oncology 2009 27 33
The Natural History of Feeding Tube Use in Nursing Home Residents with Advanced Dementia
Kuo S, Rhodes RL, Mitchell SL, Mor V, Teno JM Journal of the American Medical Directors Association 2009 10 264-270
African American Bereaved Family Members’ Perception of the Quality of Hospice Care: Lessened Disparities, but Opportunities for Improvement Remain
Rhodes RL, Teno JM, Connor SR Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2007 35 472-479
Access to Hospice for African Americans: Are They Informed About the Option of Hospice?
Rhodes, RL, Teno JM, Welch LC The Journal of Palliative Medicine 2006 9 268-272
Bereaved Family Members’ Evaluation of Hospice Care: What Factors Influence Overall Satisfaction with Services?
Rhodes RL, Mitchell SL, Miller SC, Connor SR Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2008 35 365-371
- Barriers to End-of-Life Care for African Americans From the Providers' Perspective: Opportunity for Intervention Development.
- Racial and ethnic disparities in elderly persons, long term care, and end of life care
Showing 1 locations