- Fellowship - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2004-2007), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Internship - Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital (1999-1999), Pediatrics
- Medical School - Seth G.S. Medical College (1994-2000)
- Residency - SUNY Downstate Medical Center (2001-2004), Pediatrics
Rinarani Sanghavi, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Gastroenterology
Dr. Rinarani Sanghavi trained in medicine in India; and completed a pediatrics residency in New York with a pediatric gastroenterology fellowship at UT Southwestern. She has gained experience in motility disorders by working with prominent experts in the field across the country. Her center treats children with motility issues; severe constipation, anorectal malformations and bowel management programs. Her team performs the entire spectrum of motility testing such as esophageal, antroduodenal, colonic/anorectal manometry testing, some in high resolution and 3D, and impedance testing. Dr. Sanghavi is part of the multi-disciplinary chronic abdominal pain clinic and the aerodigestive clinic, one of the few centers in the country with the ability to diagnose and treat the full range of GI motility issues in children. She is also involved in one of only a handful of pediatric motility labs on the registry of labs by the ANMS. Being a mother herself, she understands the importance of compassion along with appropriate treatment for children.
- Member, Texas Medical Association (2012), Dallas County
- Member, American Medical Association (2006-2011)
- Member, American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (2006)
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics (F.A.A.P.) (2001)
- Member, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2004)
- Mom Approved Doctor 2016, DFW/North Texas Child Magazine
- Best Doctors in Dallas 2012, DFW/North Texas Child Magazine
- Takeda travel Grant award 2008, Award to further knowledge in motility
- Takeda Travel Award for Motility Training 2007
- Outstanding resident award 2004, Best resident from a class of 30+, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Most Influential Women in Neurogastroenterology, Texas 2017-2017, Global Health and Pharma
State of the Art of the Diagnosis and Management of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease in Ulualp S, ed. Synopsis of Current General Pediatrics Practice.
Medina-Centeno R, Sanghavi R. (2017), Bentham Science; 217-230.
- State of the Art of the Diagnosis and Management of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease in Ulualp S, ed. Synopsis of Current General Pediatrics Practice.
Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder resembling Wilms tumor. Diagnostic dilemma: Renal biopsy or nephrectomy?
Cheng E, Fustino N, Klesse L, Chinnakotla S, Sanghavi R Pediatric transplantation 2010 Jul
Empirically Derived Patterns of Pain, Stooling, and Incontinence and Their Relations to Health-Related Quality of Life Among Youth With Chronic Constipation.
Klages KL, Berlin KS, Silverman AH, Mugie S, Di Lorenzo C, Nurko S, Ponnambalam A, Sanghavi R, Sood MR Journal of pediatric psychology 2016 Jul
Assessment of laryngopharyngeal sensation in children with dysphagia.
Ulualp S, Brown A, Sanghavi R, Rivera-Sanchez Y The Laryngoscope 2013 Apr
Measuring Health-Related Quality of Life With the Parental Opinions of Pediatric Constipation Questionnaire.
Silverman AH, Berlin KS, Di Lorenzo C, Nurko S, Kamody RC, Ponnambalam A, Mugie S, Gorges C, Sanghavi R, Sood MR Journal of pediatric psychology 2015 Sep 40 8 814-24
A multicenter study on childhood constipation and fecal incontinence: effects on quality of life.
Kovacic K, Sood MR, Mugie S, Di Lorenzo C, Nurko S, Heinz N, Ponnambalam A, Beesley C, Sanghavi R, Silverman AH The Journal of pediatrics 2015 Jun 166 6 1482-7.e1
Characteristics of catheter-related bloodstream infections in children with intestinal failure: implications for clinical management.
Drews BB, Sanghavi R, Siegel JD, Metcalf P, Mittal NK Gastroenterology nursing : the official journal of the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates 2009 Nov-Dec 32 6 385-90; quiz 391-2
Single Balloon-assisted Colonoscopy for Placement of Colonic Manometry Catheters: Initial Experience in Children.
Sanghavi RM, Medina-Centeno R, Barth B Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition 2018 Mar
- Post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder resembling Wilms tumor. Diagnostic dilemma: Renal biopsy or nephrectomy?
- Pediatric GI motility disorders
- Pediatric anorectal malformations
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Bowel management