- Fellowship - Washington University School of Medicine (2010-2014), Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Medical School - University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2001-2005)
- Fellowship - Washington University School of Medicine (2009-2014), Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Residency - Washington University/B-JH/St. Louis Children's Hospital (2005-2009), Pediatrics
Dr. Davila is originally from Brownsville, Texas. He attended college at Rice University and received his medical degree from University of Texas, San Antonio. He completed his residency in Pediatrics and fellowships in Critical Care and Infectious Diseases at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. His primary clinical interest is the host response in severe sepsis. He aims to facilitate the interaction of Critical Care and the Infectious Disease services to improve delivery of care.
- Pediatric Infectious Disease Society (2009)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (2010)
- Fellow of the Year in Pediatric Critical Care 2014-2015, St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Mentored Training Program in Clinical Research 2011, UL1TR000448
Use of continuous renal replacement therapy in salicylate toxicity: A case report and review of the literature.
Papacostas MF, Hoge M, Baum M, Davila SZ Heart & lung : the journal of critical care 2016 Aug
Thigh Abscess due to Haemophilus type f in a Human Immunodeficiency Virus Positive- Child
Watson M, Davila SZ, Burnham CA, Nguyen V, Nelson KL, Smith A, Storch GA. Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice 2011 Nov 19 6
Pediatric Ventilator-Associated Infections: The Ventilator-Associated INfection Study.
Willson DF, Hoot M, Khemani R, Carrol C, Kirby A, Schwarz A, Gedeit R, Nett ST, Erickson S, Flori H, Hays S, Hall M Pediatric critical care medicine : a journal of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies 2017 Jan 18 1 e24-e34
Paragonimus kellicotti flukes in Missouri, USA.
Lane MA, Marcos LA, Onen NF, Demertzis LM, Hayes EV, Davila SZ, Nurutdinova DR, Bailey TC, Weil GJ Emerging infectious diseases 2012 Aug 18 8 1263-7
Human paragonimiasis after eating raw or undercooked crayfish --- Missouri, July 2006-September 2010.
MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report 2010 Dec 59 48 1573-6
- Use of continuous renal replacement therapy in salicylate toxicity: A case report and review of the literature.
- Host response in severe sepsis