- Medical School - AGA Khan Medical College, Pakistan (2006-2011)
- Fellowship - Medical College of Wisconsin (2020-2022), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Residency - Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak (2014-2017), Internal Medicine
Sarah Haroon, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
Sarah Haroon, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in endocrinology, especially osteoporosis in the general population, transplant patients, and cystic fibrosis patients; hyperparathyroidism; and diabetes.
Dr. Haroon earned her medical degree at Aga Khan University Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan. She completed an internal medicine residency at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. She gained advanced training through a fellowship in endocrinology at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. She also completed a fellowship at the MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Haroon joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2023. She previously served as a hospitalist at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
Dr. Haroon is a member of several professional societies, including the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology. She previously served as a voluntary care physician for Chicago’s Inner-City Muslim Action Network.
She has co-authored numerous peer-reviewed publications and delivered presentations in her areas of expertise.
When she is not working, Dr. Haroon enjoys kayaking, doing crosswords, reading whodunits and historical fiction, and traveling.
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
- American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- Endocrine Society
- International Society for Clinical Densitometry
- National Lipid Association
- Management of Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women
- Cystic Fibrosis