- Undergraduate School - University of Florida College of Medicine (1993-1996)
- Medical School - University of Miami School of Medicine (1997-2001)
- Internship - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2001-2002), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2004-2007), Pediatric Endocrinology
- Residency - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2002-2004), Pediatrics
Dr. Adhikari came to Children's Medical Center and UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2001 to complete his residency in Pediatrics. Prior to that he completed his undergraduate education at the University of Florida where he was recognized as one of four "Four Year Scholars" for the Fall graduating class of 1996. From there he went on to medical school at the University of Miami (FL). At the conclusion of his residency he was awarded the "White Hat" award, as elected by vote of his fellow 3rd year residents when asked to select the colleague they would most want as their own child's pediatrician. After his residency he stayed at UT Southwestern to complete a fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology.
Upon completion of his fellowship, he joined the faculty at UTSW, as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics. In 2008, he assumed the position of the Director of the Pediatrics Clerkship, in addition to his clinical responsibilities.
Dr. Adhikari was included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for 2018.
- Pediatric Endocrine Society, Member (2007)
- Endocrine Society, Member (2008)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas, Member (2010)
- Fellow of the Year 2005, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Best Pediatric Specialists 2010-2017, D Magazine
- Faculty Marshall 2016, One of six UT Southwestern Faculty selected by vote to lead graduation hooding ceremony
Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases in Step-Up to Pediatrics
Shah S., Ronan J., Alverson B. (2014), Baltimore, MD, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases in Step-Up to Pediatrics
Institution of basal-bolus therapy at diagnosis for children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
Adhikari S, Adams-Huet B, Wang YC, Marks JF, White PC Pediatrics 2009 Apr 123 4 e673-8
Childhood obesity: the scope of the problem.
Adhikari S Texas medicine 2009 Feb 105 2 23-4
Transient neonatal hypocalcemia: presentation and outcomes.
Thomas TC, Smith JM, White PC, Adhikari S Pediatrics 2012 Jun 129 6 e1461-7
Preliminary studies related to anti-interleukin-1ß therapy in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes.
Sumpter KM, Adhikari S, Grishman EK, White PC Pediatric diabetes 2011 Apr
Survey of long-term follow-up programs in the United States for survivors of childhood brain tumors.
Bowers DC, Adhikari S, El-Khashab YM, Gargan L, Oeffinger KC Pediatric blood & cancer 2009 Dec 53 7 1295-301
A Type 1 Diabetes Genetic Risk Score Predicts Progression of Islet Autoimmunity and Development of Type 1 Diabetes in Individuals at Risk.
Redondo MJ, Geyer S, Steck AK, Sharp S, Wentworth JM, Weedon MN, Antinozzi P, Sosenko J, Atkinson M, Pugliese A, Oram RA Diabetes care 2018 Jul
Effects of residential summer camp on body mass index and body composition in type 1 diabetes.
Oden JD, Franklin B, Fernandez E, Adhikari S, White PC Pediatric diabetes 2018 Feb
A phase I study of anti-inflammatory therapy with rilonacept in adolescents and adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
White PC, Adhikari S, Grishman EK, Sumpter KM Pediatric diabetes 2018 Mar
- Institution of basal-bolus therapy at diagnosis for children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Beta Cell Preservation in Type 1 Diabetes