- Residency - NSLIJHS-North Shore University Hospital/NYY School of Medicine Program (2001-2004), Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1997-2001)
Sumeet Kalra, M.D.
- Internal Medicine - General Internal Medicine
Dr. Kalra was born and raised in Long Island. He went to undergrad at Haverford College in Haverford, PA, and medical school at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at North Shore University Hospital at Manhasset, the flagship hospital of Northwell Health. After completing his residency, he took a position as the Physician in Charge of Pre-Surgical Testing where he worked for several years before leaving to join the Hospitalist Group as an academic hospitalist. Dr. Kalra joined the staff of UT Southwestern for approximately 1 year in 2012, but then returned to North Shore University Hospital. He now re-joins our hospitalist staff. Dr. Kalra brings to UTSW a strong background in inpatient care as well as a passion for teaching residents. He was selected Medicine Department Inpatient Teaching Attending of the Year in 2010 by the internal medicine residents of North Shore University Hospital. His hobbies including a love for collecting baseball cards as well as reading.
- American Medical Association (2001), Member
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2009), Member
- American College of Physicians (2012), Fellow
- Inpatient Teaching Attending of the Year 2009-2010, North Shore University Hospital, Long Island, New York