- Medical School - University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Med. (1997-2001)
- Residency - University of North Alabama (2001-2004), Pediatrics
- Fellowship - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2004-2007), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
Tamra Slone, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Hematology-Oncology
- D Magazine Best Doctor 2022
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialist 2020-2021
- Best Doctors in Dallas 2016, D Magazine
- Clinical Research Training Institute, 2006-2007 2007, American Society of Hematology
- Abstract Reviewer 2007, 49th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology
- Housestaff Council, 2001-2004 2004, Peer-elected
- Chairman’s Award for Outstanding Intern 2002
Subclinical cardiotoxicity in childhood cancer survivors exposed to very low dose anthracycline therapy.
Leger K, Slone T, Lemler M, Leonard D, Cochran C, Bowman WP, Bashore L, Winick N Pediatric blood & cancer 2014 Aug
Fasting selectively blocks development of acute lymphoblastic leukemia via leptin-receptor upregulation.
Lu Z, Xie J, Wu G, Shen J, Collins R, Chen W, Kang X, Luo M, Zou Y, Huang LJ, Amatruda JF, Slone T, Winick N, Scherer PE, Zhang CC Nature medicine 2016 Dec
Risk factors for readmission after initial diagnosis in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Slone TL, Rai R, Ahmad N, Winick NJ Pediatric blood & cancer 2008 Sep 51 3 375-9
Long-term central venous access in a pediatric leukemia population.
Fu AB, Hodgman EI, Burkhalter LS, Renkes R, Slone T, Alder AC The Journal of surgical research 2016 Oct 205 2 419-25
Infantile mixed phenotype acute leukemia (bilineal and biphenotypic) with t(10;11)(p12;q23);MLL-MLLT10.
Lou Z, Zhang CC, Tirado CA, Slone T, Zheng J, Zaremba CM, Oliver D, Chen W Leukemia research 2010 Aug 34 8 1107-9
Novel r(2)(p25q31) Cytogenetic Abnormality in a Pediatric Patient With Acute Leukemia of Ambiguous Lineage.
Kim J, Bu L, Koduru PR, Wilson KS, Fuda FS, Kumar KR, Timmons CF, Slone TL, Luu HS Pediatric and developmental pathology : the official journal of the Society for Pediatric Pathology and the Paediatric Pathology Society 2014 Dec
- Subclinical cardiotoxicity in childhood cancer survivors exposed to very low dose anthracycline therapy.
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)