- Fellowship - University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2019-2021), Allergy & Immunology
- Residency - UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2015-2018), Pediatrics
- Medical School - Temple University School of Medicine (2011-2015)
Timothy Chow, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Allergy and Immunology
Timothy Chow, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in drug and vaccine allergy, urticaria (hives), and asthma.
Dr. Chow earned his medical degree at Temple University. He completed a residency in pediatrics and served as a pediatrics chief resident at UT Southwestern, where he also received advanced training through a fellowship in allergy and immunology.
Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, he initially joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018 and returned after his fellowship in 2021.
Dr. Chow is a member of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (ACAAI), the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. In 2021, he received the Allergists’ Foundation Community Grant Award from the ACAAI.
His research interests include drug allergy, vaccine allergy, and asthma. One of his research projects involves exploring the role of penicillin allergy evaluations in the outpatient pediatric primary care setting and assessing implementation barriers.
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- The Allergists’ Foundation Community Grant Awardee, American College of Allergy, Asthma, Immunology
- Outcomes in Allergy/Immunology Fellow’s Research Award, Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society
- National Convention Travel Grant, American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Allergy and Immunology
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
Penicillin Allergy Evaluation and Health Equity: A Call to Action.
Arasaratnam RJ, Chow TG, Liu AY, Khan DA, Blumenthal KG, Wurcel AG, The journal of allergy and clinical immunology. In practice 2023 Feb 11 2 422-428
Adverse Reactions to Biologic Medications Used in Allergy and Immunology Diseases.
Chow TG, Franzblau LE, Khan DA, Current allergy and asthma reports 2022 Oct
Clinical phenotypes of immediate first dose reactions to mRNA COVID-19: A multi-center latent class analysis.
Stone CA, Robinson LB, Li L, Krantz MS, Kwah JH, Ortega G, Mancini C, Wolfson AR, Saff RR, Samarakoon U, Hong DI, Koo G, Chow TG, Gruchalla R, Liao JX, Kuster JK, Price C, Ahola C, Khan DA, Phillips EJ, Banerji A, Blumenthal KG, The journal of allergy and clinical immunology. In practice 2022 Sep
A Review of Adverse Reactions to Biologics Used in Allergy-Immunology Practice.
Chow TG, Oppenheimer J, Joshi SR, The journal of allergy and clinical immunology. In practice 2022 Sep
Anaphylaxis After COVID-19 Vaccination: A Registry-Based Study.
Jaggers J, Samarakoon U, Fu X, Gonzalez-Estrada A, Anvari S, Chong HJ, Van Meerbeke SW, Petrov AA, Chow TG, Banerji A, Judd A, Blumenthal KG, The journal of allergy and clinical immunology. In practice 2022 Aug
Safety of Subcutaneous Immunotherapy in Patients with Severe Asthma.
Chow TG, Palka JM, Stone B, Trojan T, Epstein TG, Khan DA, Annals of allergy, asthma & immunology : official publication of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology 2022 Aug
Chow TG, Khan DA, Clinical reviews in allergy & immunology 2021 Jul
A 2-year-old girl with periprocedural anaphylaxis.
Chow TG, McConnell J, Lee MJ, Allergy and asthma proceedings 2021 01 42 1 97-99
Regulation of allergic inflammation by dendritic cells.
Chow TG, Gill MA, Current opinion in allergy and clinical immunology 2020 02 20 1 56-63
Summary Abstract on "The Risk of Recurrent Anaphylaxis"
Chow T, Bird D. 2017
- Penicillin Allergy Evaluation and Health Equity: A Call to Action.
- Drug allergy
- Vaccine allergy