- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Pediatrics - General
Timothy Chow, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in drug and vaccine allergy, urticaria (hives), and asthma.
Dr. Chow earned his medical degree at Temple University. He completed a residency in pediatrics and served as a pediatrics chief resident at UT Southwestern, where he also received advanced training through a fellowship in allergy and immunology.
Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, he initially joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018 and returned after his fellowship in 2021.
Dr. Chow is a member of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (ACAAI), the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. In 2021, he received the Allergists’ Foundation Community Grant Award from the ACAAI.
His research interests include drug allergy, vaccine allergy, and asthma. One of his research projects involves exploring the role of penicillin allergy evaluations in the outpatient pediatric primary care setting and assessing implementation barriers.
- The Allergists’ Foundation Community Grant Awardee, American College of Allergy, Asthma, Immunology
- Outcomes in Allergy/Immunology Fellow’s Research Award, Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society
- National Convention Travel Grant, American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Allergy and Immunology
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
Summary Abstract on "The Risk of Recurrent Anaphylaxis"
Chow T, Bird D. 2017
- Summary Abstract on "The Risk of Recurrent Anaphylaxis"
- Drug allergy
- Vaccine allergy