- Fellowship - Children's Hospital Boston (2001-2004), Pediatric Pulmonology
- Residency - University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (1998-2001), Pediatrics
- Medical School - Ponce School of Medicine (1994-1998)
Yadira Rivera-Sanchez, M.D.
- Pediatrics - Pulmonology
- General Pulmonology
Yadira Rivera-Sanchez, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in asthma, primary ciliary dyskinesia, aerodigestive disorders, and general respiratory medicine.
Dr. Rivera-Sanchez earned her medical degree at the Ponce School of Medicine & Health Sciences in Puerto Rico. She completed a residency in pediatrics at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine and then received advanced training in pediatric pulmonary medicine through a fellowship at Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School.
Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics in both pediatrics and pediatric pulmonology, Dr. Rivera-Sanchez joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2006.
In addition to her role at UT Southwestern, she serves as Medical Director of the pulmonary inpatient service and Co-Director of the high-risk asthma clinic and the Multidisciplinary Pediatric Aerodigestive Center at Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
She is a member of the American Thoracic Society.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Rivera-Sanchez at Children's Health, please call 844-4CHILDRENS or request an appointment online.
- American Thoracic Society, Fellow (2001)
- Best Pediatric Specialists 2015, D Magazine
- Dean's List 1997-1998, Who's Who Among American Students
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society 1997
- Women in Medicine Award 1998, Ponce School of Medicine
- Departmental Award as Most Outstanding Resident 2001, UPR Pediatric Hospital and Pediatric Society of Puerto Rico
- American Thoracic Society Minority Travel Award 2004
- Best Doctors in the DFW Metroplex 2010-2014, D Magazine
- Provider of the Month 2015, Children's Health
Assessment of laryngopharyngeal sensation in children with dysphagia.
Ulualp S, Brown A, Sanghavi R, Rivera-Sanchez Y The Laryngoscope 2013 Apr
Lack of a relation between serum 25(OH)D concentrations and asthma in adolescents.
Gergen PJ, Teach SJ, Mitchell HE, Freishtat RF, Calatroni A, Matsui E, Kattan M, Bloomberg GR, Liu AH, Kercsmar C, O'Connor G, Pongracic J, Rivera-Sanchez Y, Morgan WJ, Sorkness CA, Binkley N, Busse W The American journal of clinical nutrition 2013 Apr
Development and validation of the Composite Asthma Severity Index--an outcome measure for use in children and adolescents.
Wildfire JJ, Gergen PJ, Sorkness CA, Mitchell HE, Calatroni A, Kattan M, Szefler SJ, Teach SJ, Bloomberg GR, Wood RA, Liu AH, Pongracic JA, Chmiel JF, Conroy K, Rivera-Sanchez Y, Busse WW, Morgan WJ The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology 2012 Mar 129 3 694-701
Churg-Strauss syndrome in children: a clinical and pathologic review.
Boyer D, Vargas SO, Slattery D, Rivera-Sanchez YM, Colin AA Pediatrics 2006 Sep 118 3 e914-20
Differential effects of ozone on airway and tissue mechanics in obese mice.
Rivera-Sanchez YM, Johnston RA, Schwartzman IN, Valone J, Silverman ES, Fredberg JJ, Shore SA Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md. : 1985) 2004 Jun 96 6 2200-6
Responses to ozone are increased in obese mice.
Shore SA, Rivera-Sanchez YM, Schwartzman IN, Johnston RA Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md. : 1985) 2003 Sep 95 3 938-45
Allergic airway responses in obese mice.
Johnston RA, Zhu M, Rivera-Sanchez YM, Lu FL, Theman TA, Flynt L, Shore SA American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine 2007 Oct 176 7 650-8
- Assessment of laryngopharyngeal sensation in children with dysphagia.
- General Pulmonology