Planning for a Baby
Online Prenatal Education
Online childbirth and breastfeeding classes in the comfort of your own home.
UT Southwestern Medical Center offers an online prenatal education program that includes childbirth and breastfeeding classes. This program is designed to give expectant parents convenient access to valuable information necessary to prepare for the birth of their baby. The more you know, the better prepared you'll feel and the more confidence you'll have. The online prenatal classes available are:
The "Gift of Motherhood" Online Childbirth Education Program
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
- And more
The Breastfeeding Program: A Great Start
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Types of breastmilk
- Collecting and storing breastmilk
- How to breastfeed
- Technique for positioning your baby and latch-on
- Establishing and maintaining an ample milk supply
- How to identify and avoid common concerns
- And more
Imagine taking a prenatal class in the comfort of your own home. The online programs allow you to learn at your own pace and convenience. The programs are interactive and web-based and include animated illustrations, videos, voice-overs, and games that can be viewed on a computer or mobile device.
Who should take an online childbirth or breastfeeding education class?
The online classes are a convenient alternative for expectant parents and may be the perfect option for:
- Those who prefer online education
- Moms-to-be who are on bed rest
- A refresher course for those having another child
- Couples with time constraints or scheduling conflicts
- Those who are unable to attend a traditional childbirth class in person
How do I register?
Register for the free online prenatal education program in one of two ways:
After you have registered for the program, you will be given an access code for each class. Access will be available beginning one year from the date of your initial use.
- Log in for the free online prenatal education program through YoMingo.
Please Note: If you are experiencing any pain or bleeding, or believe that there is something wrong with your pregnancy, call your health care provider immediately, go to the emergency room, or dial 911 for help.