- Medical School - Dartmouth Medical School (2006-2010)
- Residency - Hahnemann University Hospital (2010-2016), General Surgery
- Fellowship - Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center (2016-2017), Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellowship - Westchester Medical Center (2017-2018), Surgical Critical Care
Chiaka Akarichi, M.D.
- Surgery - Burn, Trauma, Acute and Critical Care Surgery
Chiaka Akarichi, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Akarichi earned her medical degree at Dartmouth Medical School and completed a residency in general surgery at Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital. She received advanced training in acute and reconstructive burn surgery through a fellowship at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and in surgical critical care through a fellowship at New York Medical College/Westchester Medical Center.
Certified by the American Board of Surgery in general surgery and surgical critical care, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Akarichi is a member of the American Burn Association, the American College of Surgeons, the Society of Critical Care Medicine, the Association for Women Surgeons, and the Society of Black Academic Surgeons, among other professional organizations. She is a past recipient of Dartmouth Medical School’s Merck Manual Award.
She has delivered presentations and published academic articles related to her areas of expertise.